[Taocow PBEM] [Ted, Osmar, Sir Prrcyvel and Guards] Book 3 - Chapter IX - The Sewers

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 20:04:35 UTC 2012

[GM]
Sir Prrcyvel won't let Ted lead the way, instead doing so himself. He
has Osmar follow him, then Ted, and then the two guards as they plunge
below the surface and down the shaft. It quickly becomes dark and Sir
Prrcyvel pulls out a flashlight. The shaft drops about twenty feet
before ending at two metal doors, both very rusted. There is no room
for someone to swim ahead and help the Knight, so he is forced to try
one door. He puts considerable effort into it and finally manages to
push it open.

The others can see that it leads to a narrow passage that heads back
in the palace's direction. Prrcyvel turns to the other door, and after
a few moments manages to open it up to reveal a short passage that
leads to a small room that is partially above the water.
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
~Guards, check the passage that heads back to the Palace.~ Sir
Prrcyvel radios. ~Oz, bring Ted along and we will check this room.~
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[GM]
The two guards disappear down the passage while Ted, Oz and Sir
Prrcyvel make themselves to the room. There is air in this room, and a
part of the floor is built above the water level. It is dead quiet,
save for the lapping of the water. The small room is cluttered with
what looks like pump maintenance equipment; big plumbers wrenches,
lengths of pipe, a few rusted barrels. It all looks as if it had been
put here a long time ago, maybe decades.

There is an old wooden door covered in peeling white paint. There is
also what looks like a window frame, save that it is bricked in, which
seems somewhat odd as they are at many feet underground.
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
Sir Prrcyvel checks the ground. "I don't see any ooze here, and the
floor isn't wet."
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[GM]
One of the guards radios "The passage ends about thirty feet back at a
ladder that heads upwards. We're just heading up the ladder now.
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
"What do you two think?" Sir Prrcyvel asks Ted and Oz.
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

mightymartianca at gmail.com