[Taocow PBEM] [Ted, Osmar, Sir Prrcyvel and Guards] Book 3 - Chapter IX - The Sewers

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:41:31 UTC 2012

>> [GM]
>> The two guards disappear down the passage while Ted, Oz and Sir
>> Prrcyvel make themselves to the room. There is air in this room, and a
>> part of the floor is built above the water level. It is dead quiet,
>> save for the lapping of the water. The small room is cluttered with
>> what looks like pump maintenance equipment; big plumbers wrenches,
>> lengths of pipe, a few rusted barrels. It all looks as if it had been
>> put here a long time ago, maybe decades.
>>
>> There is an old wooden door covered in peeling white paint. There is
>> also what looks like a window frame, save that it is bricked in, which
>> seems somewhat odd as they are at many feet underground.
>> [/GM]

>> [Sir Prrcyvel]
>> Sir Prrcyvel checks the ground. "I don't see any ooze here, and the
>> floor isn't wet."
>> [/Sir Prrcyvel]

>> [GM]
>> One of the guards radios "The passage ends about thirty feet back at a
>> ladder that heads upwards. We're just heading up the ladder now.
>> [/GM]

>> [Sir Prrcyvel]
>> "What do you two think?" Sir Prrcyvel asks Ted and Oz.
>> [/Sir Prrcyvel]

> [Ted]
> Ted examined the ceiling, wondering whether the imposter had somehow
> found a way to avoid the floor.

Oz cannot see any concealed doors or traps. An examination of the roof
reveals that it is made of wood, very old wood. There does appear that
in one corner, though the junk is piled up highest there, that there
might be some sort of trap door; a square-shaped bit of wood flooring
about two feet by two feet that doesn't seem to match the pattern or
grain of the rest of the wood ceiling.

So this leaves two possible exits (besides the water route); the door
with the pealing white paint on it and (possibly) a trap door.

mightymartianca at gmail.com