[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 00:26:08 UTC 2012


>> [GM]
>> It's hard to survey the camp or the carnage. Off in the distance a number of women are herding children towards what looks like another arch. An old man is furiously trying to start an old jeep as a teenage boy tries to swing a rail gun mounted on the back around to fire at the creature. A woman is crying over a man whose legs look to have been severed. Over by the stables a man with half his arm missing, blood still dripping from the stump, is pointing a gun at something inside the stables. The sight is so horrifying that even Alex and Vesper, seasoned adventurers though they be, are momentarily stunned.
>> [/GM]
> [Vesper]
> Vesper staggered slightly looking around at all the carnage. His eyes darting from one scene to another. His magical words dieing in the wind.  When he steadies his nerves he looks to Alex, "I have the iron, I have to try."
> He looked for the best path closer to the creature. "There is another way perhaps with telekinesis."
> Vesper moved for cover so he could get the iron ready. "Alex broadcast to the people here that cold iron can hurt it, maybe they have some to help."
> [/Vesper]
> [Alex] 
> "Are you sure," asks the Coalition scout. "I also have my dagger," she continues. "I don't think it would much like a bit from him." 
> [/Alex]
> [Vesper]
> "I am sure my knowledge is good on this, we can try your dagger as well.  Still if the people here know about cold iron they have a chance
> to actually fight it on their own.  We need to keep our eyes open for that womans child too."
> Vesper sweeped his eyes around looking for the boy.
> [/Vesper]

[GM]
Vesper does not see the boy among the nearby bodies. There is the group of children in the distance, but it is too far to make out many identifying features.
[/GM]

> [Alex]
> "I am only a minor psychic," Alex responds. "Want to save my abilities for emergencies."
> [/Alex]
> 
> ooc: Not sure how much ISP she has left

OOC: Alex should be at full ISP.

> [Vesper]
> "Thats alright my familiar has telekinesis, so they will be able to handle that angle. Just use your radio, let the locals know what 
> hurts it and keep your eyes open for that womans child."
> He looked for anything that might be used as a spear for the cold iron spear head.
> [/Vesper]

[GM]
There are a number of stout-looking wooden poles nearby that might suffice.
[/GM]

OOC: Going to assume that Alex and Vesper let the locals know what they need to do.

[GM]
Some of the defenders seem to rally to this news. Unexpectedly they begin running to Alex and Vesper, shouting "Help us!"

Unfortunately so does the monster, which begins moving towards Alex and Vesper.
[/GM]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://zork.net/pipermail/taocowpbem/attachments/20121224/030d0fb0/attachment.html>


More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list