[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 20:55:49 UTC 2012

>>> [Alex]
>>> "I am only a minor psychic," Alex responds. "Want
>>> to save my abilities for emergencies."
>>> [/Alex]
>>>
>>> ooc: Not sure how much ISP she has left

>> OOC: Alex should be at full ISP.

>>> [Vesper]
>>> "Thats alright my familiar has telekinesis, so they will be
>>> able to handle that angle. Just use your radio, let the locals
>>> know what hurts it and keep your eyes open for that womans
>>> child."
>>>
>>> He looked for anything that might be used as a spear for the
>>> cold iron spear head.
>>> [/Vesper]

>> [GM]
>> There are a number of stout-looking wooden poles nearby that
>> might suffice.
>> [/GM]

>> OOC: Going to assume that Alex and Vesper let the locals
>> know what they need to do.

>> [GM]
>> Some of the defenders seem to rally to this news. Unexpectedly
>> they begin running to Alex and Vesper, shouting "Help us!"
>>
>> Unfortunately so does the monster, which begins moving towards Alex and Vesper.

> Alex will radio them to try to let them know what is going on.
>
> "Well, I guess we try to fight it," states Alex to Vesper. "Get the
> feeling that this is a job for my blade again."

> He nodded briefly to Alex, "Looks like it."
> Vesper casts Carpet of adhesion to secure the spear head to one
> of these poles.
>
> He then said to his familiar prepare to use telekinesis you know its
> weakness.
>
> Before the creature got to them he tried to cast blinding flash on it to
> help in Alex and his attack.
>
> Vesper set himself preparing for the creatures charge hoping to drive
> the spear point into it.

Alex feels her dagger quiver as the monster approaches. Combat seems
inevitable as the tentacled horror raises itself up...

And then there's a blinding flash of light and a great cloud of smoke.
As Alex and Vesper's senses return, standing there is the little girl
that had been with them when they came to New Camelot; the little girl
that Ted had insisted on bringing from the dwarf cave.

"You are Ted Smythe's companions." the girl says in a child's voice.
"We must find him and continue on. You will help."

The village men get over their astonishment, and then raise their
weapons. "This is no girl." one man says. "Kill this thing. It has
murdered old folk, women and children."

The cries go up. "Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!"

Alex's dagger still quivers.

mightymartianca at gmail.com