[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 20:46:07 UTC 2012

>>> [Oz]
>>> Oz nods, apparently relieved at not having to volunteer for jail
>>> time. "I may know the man. I can take your friends to your
>>> embassy, at the very least. What is his name?"
>>> [/Oz]

>> [Louissa]
>> "It is the embassy of the Kingdom of Poughkeepsie." Louissa
>> replies. "The ambassador is Sir Lewis Elmwood, or at least that was
>> the ambassador when last I heard. Tell him that Lady Louissa Peters
>> of Fort Peters is held with a close companion in the custody of
>> Lord Mrrlyn, and that she seeks release for both her and her
>> companion at the earliest opportunity."
>> [/Louissa]

> [Oz]
> Oz nods. "I will make sure to inform your embassy, Lady Louissa.
> Though I can tell you now that if Mrrlyn has decided your friend is
> a threat, he will not see the light of day again. Mrrlyn is the
> king's most trusted advisor. The king is the ultimate arbiter, but
> Mrrlyn's word holds great weight."
> [/Oz]

> [Alex]
> The red haired scout telepathically send to Louissa and Ted, /Don't
> know how well we can actually manage it but if you need a rescue,
> having some of us outside is for the best./
>
> "Not sure how your father will take to your departure," Alex states,
> concerned. "Getting in contact is probably for the best however.
> Luckily, he does not seem to the type to throw us under the wheels
> of an APC."
> [/Alex]

[Louissa]
Louissa laughs. "My father may throw me under an APC, but not you."
[/Louissa]

> [Alex]
> "I feel vulgar to ask this but I have expended a lot of grenades in
> trying to help keep us alive. When I was in the Army, I could just
> requisition more grenades. Still, I was hoping that somebody has a
> bit to spare."
> [/Alex]

[Louissa]
"You will have to take my belongings anyways." she says. "I have a few
grenades, and this is New Camelot, so maybe you should do some shopping!"
[/Louissa]

> [Alex]
> "We also need to figure out how we will present ourselves to this
> kind. He seems to have a lot more power behind him than Pecos Empire
> kinds. I always found that the best thing for deal with them is to
> act strong."
>
> She feels a bit lucky that at least she managed to recharge her
> e-clips and the force field prevented her body armor from getting
> damaged.
> [/Alex]

OOC: Okay, so I'm assuming that only Louissia is going with Ted, and
that Alex, Oz and Vesper are going to go free.

[GM]
Once everything has been decided, Mrrlyn (somewhat disturbingly)
reappears before being called for. When he learns that Louissa will be
going with Ted, he instructs the two of them to surrender all weapons
and other important belongings to their compatriots. The knights
reappear and flank Louissa and Ted, and lead them further into the
Enchanter's sanctum. The rest of the company are shown out of the
pyramid and back on to the street.

They find Father Montessoro outside talking with the female guard, the
Wolfen priest keeping one eye on the little girl who is giggling while a
small pebble flies in circles around her head.

The priest sees his companions and sighs. "Alas, so Mrrlyn did take your
friend, Ted, and one other too, I see. The one named Louissa, as I
recall. Well let us hope they're imprisonment is a short one. This
knight was just telling me that the King will see you around midnight,
and so she has suggested that she take you where you need to go and then
return you to the Palace when the King is ready."

He beckons to the female knight. "This is Lady Amathea, a Knight of New
Camelot. Lady Amathea, these are the people who rescued our soldiers
from the clutches of the hated Splugorth minions. I must contact my
superiors, but perhaps we shall meet later."

With that the priest bows and walks quickly towards a small stone
building in the distance, with stained glass windows and a cross atop it.
[/GM]

[Lady Amathea]
The knight bows herself. "As the priest said, the King will see you in a
few hours. Can I show you the quarters that have been prepared for you,
or perhaps you would like something to eat? We have time for both."
[/Lady Amathea]

OOC: I'll do Ted's posts privately for now until he meets up with the
rest of you again.

mightymartianca at gmail.com