[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Oz] Book 3 - Chapter VII - New Camelot

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Sat Feb 25 22:16:59 UTC 2012

On 02/22/2012 15:42, Aaron Clausen wrote:

> [GM]
> The man does seem shocked by Alex and Oz's revelation.
>
> "Lady Louissa Peters..." he says. "Mayor Ivar Peters daughter? The one
> that we had just got word two weeks ago was presumed dead? Oh my! I
> shall get His Eminence at once!"
>
> The man runs off towards a side door as quickly as decorum will allow.
> He's clearly talking to someone, there are hushed and urgent tones.
>
> Finally the man reappears, his composure somewhat restored. "His
> Eminence will meet you in the drawing room. This way please."
>
> He leads Alex and Oz to another side door, a large and elegantly
> carved one, and opens it up to reveal a large and well-furnished room.
> The chairs are covered in red cushions. There are several couches of
> similar material. Another chandelier lit with several dozen bulbs
> hangs from the high ceiling.
>
> The man claps his hand and in moments another, younger man in similar
> dress appears. "Heinz, see to the Ambassador's guests. The Ambassador
> will be here momentarily.
>
> Heinz bows low and after the other man has departed looks to Oz and
> Alex. "You look travel worn. Perhaps you are in need of refreshment.
> Could I get the master and madam a drink?"
>
> Before they even have a chance to answer, a tall, proud man appears.
> He is dressed in full dress military uniform, which does not entirely
> hide a tall, gangly frame. His hair is black with streaks of gray,
> with a proud face, the lines of age now appearing.
>
> He bows. "I am Sir Lewis Elmwood, Ambassador for King David the Second
> of Poughkeepsie. I know you by sight, Mr. Wolz. And you must be Alex
> Hawke. Don't be too surprised, I am kept apprised of the comings and
> goings of my kingdom as often as is possible, and the name of one of
> the people who spirited Lady Louissa away is well known. Her
> disappearance has caused considerable disturbance in the kingdom, as
> she is betrothed to king's youngest son, Prince Clarence."
>
> "Now tell me more fully, why is she and one of your other companions
> being held by Master Mrrlyn?"

Clearing her throat, Alex states, "I would not say that we spirited her
away but that she decided to stow away. We did not find out that she was
with us until it is too late." (ooc: It has been years since that scene
so if I am incorrect, please correct me.)

"I am not sure of all of the specifics on why Mrrlyn wish to hold Ted,"
she continues. "The wizard said it was a security matter." The tone of
her voice shows a little bit of skepticism.