[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VI - The Enchanter

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 08:17:02 UTC 2012

>> [GM]
>> Alex and Louissa make their way to the washrooms, finding three
>> doors "Men", "Women", and "Others". The women's washroom is well
>> maintained, and in short order the two women have cleaned
>> themselves up and taken are of any other particular necessities and
>> are ready to face Mrrlyn.

> Alex will help to get Louissa cleaned up as well. "Wish we could get
> a shower in but this is the best we really have time for."
> [/Alex]

[Louissa]
"Thanks Alex." Louissa says, trying to compose herself. "Maybe if I can
talk to my kingdom's ambassador, we can get some proper accommodations."
[/Louissa]

[...]

>> He then clasps his hands. "Unfortunately, there is one thing that
>> is not so good. I am afraid I must take one of your into custody;
>> the lizard man I'm afraid." he says, looking squarely at Ted.
>>
>> "Before any of you do something foolish like try to flee or attack
>> me," he continues, "I suggest you remember that you are in the
>> midst of the of the one most fortified places in the British Isles.
>> There is good reason for me doing this, I assure you, and none of
>> you, including your reptilian friend, shall be harmed. It is not my
>> place to reveal intelligence information, and hopefully the King
>> will enlighten you as to why this must be."
>>
>> He waves a hand slightly and the door behind them opens, and a
>> squad of perhaps a dozen of the strange knights appear.
>>
>> "I trust you will go willingly, friend." Mrrylin says to Ted. "And
>> I trust the rest of you will accept the hospitality of the King of
>> New Camelot, and not disturb the King's peace."

> Vesper offers what information he can on the attacking Splugorth and
> what kingdoms are currently under attack including the fey one. He
> doesn't seem to keen though on talking overlong. He knows Merlin from
> books how could one not being from the federation and this man, this
> man though the name was slightly different had a whole kingdom named
> after a fairy tale, a fairy tale that this man betrayed along with
> betraying magic in the distant past. No Vesper did not like him and
> even less so when he mentioned taking one of them into custody.
>
> "To my knowledge Ted has done no wrongs to the kingdom, why is it
> that he needs to be taken into custody?" He didnt know the group
> overly long but he didnt want to sell any of them out to a dragon or
> possibly something else that played disguise games. If he was the
> same Merlin from the stories he would most certainly have to be a
> dragon or some other long lived race.
> [/Vesper]

> [Oz]
> Osmar nods. "Of course, my lord. I am sure my new traveling companions
> appreciate your assurance that their friend will not be harmed."
> [/Oz]

> [Alex]
> For a moment, Alex thinks the arrest is going to be for her. Still,
> one does not abandon a fellow soldier.
>
> Alex looks towards this Merlynn and does not appear cowed in the
> smallest. Her appearance might be that of a common trooper but there
> is something beyond that. While she is
> "What are the charges against him?"
>  [/Alex]

> [Oz]
> The new man glances at the scout, seems to think about saying
> something and thinks better of it, then looks back at Mrrlyn to see
> what he has to say.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
Mrrlyn turns to the scout, and she feels his gaze almost like a physical
weight. He does little to mask his irritation. "Did I say there were
charges? This is a security matter. If the King wills it, you will be
informed. This is a protective arrest. I have a writ from the King
authorizing me to take what steps I deem necessary to secure the the
kingdom, and I am doing so."

> "Do I have a choice otherwise?" the lizard man asks, trying to
> maintain a polite but strong tone in his voice.

"We all have choices," Mrrlyn says obtusely. "Your choice is to trust
the the mercy and wisdom of the King and his servants, or test your
strength."

He gives Ted a close look. "Perhaps you have the strength to free
yourself. If that is your choice... then so be it."
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> At this question, Oz glances briefly over at the dozen knights who had
> entered at Mrrlyn's command. He doesn't say anything, though.
> [/Oz]

> [Alex]
> "If you are taken into custody, I think several of us or all of us
> should stay with you," Alex states firmly

The Enchanter shakes his head. "If that be your desire, then so be it.
Do the rest of you wish to surrender along with your friend Ted?"

mightymartianca at gmail.com