[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VI - The Enchanter

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:56:34 UTC 2012

>>> [Ted]
>>> The lizard man turns to their host. "What do you mean by
>>> 'custody'?" he asks.
>>> [/Ted]

>> [GM]
>> It means you are not under arrest," Mrrlyn replies, "but you will
>> kept safe to protect yourself and others."

> Alex turns towards Ted, "How do you want to do this? I don't like the
> idea of abandoning you to custody."

> ~I do not know yet~, the lizard man answers telepathically, ~but I
> appreciate your loyalty~.
> [/Ted]

> [Oz]
> This was an interesting turn of events. Oz thinks over the possible
> benefits of being placed in protective custody. For one thing, he
> hadn't seen the inside of a jail cell in this city yet. On the other
> hand, he didn't like the idea getting arrested for no reason.
>
> "My lord, I think the knight's friends are concerned his detention
> might be... indefinite. Is it possible the king might release him
> after he meets with us later today?"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"That is for the King to decide." Mrrlyn replies. "I am but his humble
servant. But I suspect that he will want to meet with all of you before
the day is done."
[/GM]

[Louissa]
Louissa stands up straight and tries to put aside the horrors and
sadness. "Lord Mrrlyn, I am Lady Louissa, heir to Fort Peters in the
Kingdom of Poughkeepsie. My kingdom's ambassador resides in New Camelot,
and I formally request that he be alerted to the presence of myself and
my companions."
[/Louissa]

[GM]
Mrrlyn's eyes narrow. "As you wish, Lady Louissa." he says finally.
"Your ambassador will be alerted."

> The lizard man pushes out his chest and pulls back his shoulders,
> hoping to appear taller than a mere sixty inches. "Well, I am the
> greatest threat the known universe has ever known," he replies. In a
> more serious tone, he asks, "What exactly do I need to be protected
> from?"

"Yourself." the Enchanter says as he snaps his fingers.

"Take the lizard man and all those who would go with him to the First
Level holding cells. They are to be fed and given new clothes, but all
weapons and other equipment must be surrendered to the warden for
safekeeping pending the king's determination."

The silent knights surround the company. "And now I must be about my
business." Mrrlyn says, clearly dismissing them.

The knights motion for the company to depart, three flanking Ted.
[/GM]

OOC: Okay, what's everyone doing here? Going with Ted or remaining free?

mightymartianca at gmail.com