[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VIII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 20:14:12 UTC 2012


OOC: Many apologies again for being so late. Real life has been a real
bugger, and on top of many other concerns a routine eye checkup turned
up a couple of tears in my retina, so it's been a real gas for the
last week or so.

>> [GM]
>> And then, quite suddenly, there's a bright flash and a loud boom. The
>> guard's are knocked back, there's a moment's blindness and confusion,
>> followed by a thick cloud of black smoke surrounding the vehicle.
>> Oddly enough it cannot penetrate Vesper's energy field, and terminates
>> there like ink hitting the outside of a glass jar. There's a hint of
>> movement within the cloud, a flash of what looks like a yellowish
>> oozing tentacle here and there and a sound like someone smashing
>> concrete.
>> [/GM]

> [Alex]
> Alex will take as careful an aim as possible before firing a three blast
> burst at this creature. [Strike: 8]
> [/Alex]

[GM]
Alex's shot doesn't hit the tentacle, but does pierce the cloud and
there is a loud, unearthly cry, suggesting some damage has been done.
[Damage: 70MD]
[/GM]

> [Vesper]
> Vesper will also take aimed shots. [Strike: 8]
> [/Vesper]

[GM]
Like Alex, Vesper does not strike at the tentacle itself, but does
pierce the cloud, and again there are awful roars of pain [Damage:
25MD]
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz will also shoot at the yellow tentacle. [Strike: 6]
> [/Oz]

[GM]
Oz manages to fire into the cloud, but doesn't seem to do any damage.
[/GM]

[Justin]
Justin also opens fire. [Strike: 5]
[/Justin]

[GM]
Justin's shot, like Oz's misses completely.

The rest of the soldiers open fire as well, followed by more roars
from within the cloud itself. The cloud begins to shrink and now the
team can take a look at the full horror staring at them. Yellowish
mottled flesh, tentacles, horrific squid-like eyes, and the size of a
truck.

But it is injured, its flesh oozes with pinkish frothing blood where
it has been hit. It cries out in pain, revealing a mouth filled with
sharp white teeth. Quickly it scurries down through a hole that is has
punched into the ground. There is no sign of Louissa or her companion.
[/GM]

-- 
Aaron Clausen
mightymartianca at gmail.com


More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list