[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VIII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:47:57 UTC 2012

>> [Sir Prrcyvel]
>> At that moment Sir Prrcyvel and what looks like a whole brigade burst
>> out of another door. "Damn!" he shouts. "They've got into the sewers."
>>
>> He confers quietly with some of the courtyard guards, and then turns
>> to some of the members of the brigade. "Sergeant Lewis, go fetch our
>> other guest, Mr. Smythe. There are questions he may be able to
>> answer." To the rest of the brigade he says, "Get down there, find
>> that creature, Lady Louissa and her companion. Kill the creature if
>> you must, but if at all possible the Lady and the lizard man with her
>> must be brought back alive."
>>
>> He turns and walks over to Oz, his face not so very friendly. He says,
>> loudly enough for everyone to hear, "I know you wish to pursue your
>> companion, but this whole episode has created all sorts of questions.
>> If you wish to help find Louissa, I will send an escort with you into
>> the sewers, but I cannot permit any of you to leave the city until
>> we've sorted some of this mess out. Or, if you trust our people, you
>> can confer with the King and Lord Mrrlyn now."
>> [Sir Prrcyvel]

>> [Justin]
>> Justin, heedless of everything else, walks over to the hole. "I know
>> what it is that took Louissa. It's a Nakron. But I say we get her back
>> first, and then I'll explain what that means."
>> [/Justin]

>> [Sir Prrcyvel]
>> An odd look crosses Prrcyvel's face, as if the name Nakron brings up
>> some memory. He nods in acknowledgement, and then turns to the others.
>> "Is that what the rest of you want to do?"
>> [/Sir Prrcyvel]

> [Oz]
> The German tourist sighed. "No, not really. But I want to leave her to
> that thing even less." Oz looked at Justin. "Maybe you don't want to
> tell us the long, no doubt sad story, but does a Nakron have any
> weaknesses we could exploit or common behavior we might use to find
> it?"
> [/Oz]

> [Vesper]
> Vesper nods, "Yes Justin you have the right of it, an ancient beast of
> chaos from when the universe was primordial."
>
> He looks to the normal guards, "These beasts take the place of rulers
> and beings trusted by the people to slowly warp their
> societies leading to chaos, warfare and suffering. They may yet be
> trying to take the form of people in your kings court, perhaps
> even making an attempt on your king himself."
>
> "Justin, what do you know of the Nakron ?"
> [/Vesper]

[Justin]
"I know a bit." Justin replies. "There might be a way to kill it.
They're vulnerable to iron, and there is something called Black Iron
that supposedly can kill them. If you remember, it was our friend Ted
who released that little girl back at that dwarf cavern, and I happen
to know she is the Nakron. I'll bet her cell was lined with Black
Iron, so she couldn't escape."
[/Justin]

> [Alex]
> On the standard group comm frequency, "She is underground. Anybody
> know how to get down there?"

As the creature's smoke screen clears, Alex (and everyone else) can
clearly see that the vehicle has fallen into a hole. Below can be
heard the rush of water. A quick survey shows a line of manholes, so
there must be a sewer beneath. Since the creature fled this way, this
may be the way that Louissa was taken.

> Alex sees what looks like a route underground, and she takes it.
> [/Alex]

[Justin]
Justin whistles and his two hounds come boundinging towards him.
"Well, I think we'd better offer Alex a hand." he says, as he leaps
down the hole as well, his two dogs on his heals.
[/Justin]

[GM]
Before Oz or Vesper can react one way or another, several guards come
marching out with Ted, and none of them look pleased.
[/GM]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
Sir Prrcyvel has a black look in his eyes. "Before your companions get
too far, we have a quandary." he says. "We have held your lizard man
companion since his mad attack on the king, and yet it seems there is
another shapeshifter besides the supposed Nakron. Do you have any
explanation, lizard man?"
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

mightymartianca at gmail.com