[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Justin] Book 3 - Chapter VIII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 19:49:32 UTC 2012

>>> [Ted]
>>> "It appears we have a problem. Set me free, get me my weapons and
>>> I will help you solve it," the lizard man states.
>>> [/Ted]

>>> [Oz]
>>> The German glanced at Sir Prrcyvel. "I would advise against that.
>>> Don't you have mages who can figure out if this is some sort of
>>> shapeshifter or if he is under some kind of compulsion? At the very
>>> least, whether he is telling the truth while you ask him questions?"
>>> [/Oz]

>> [Sir Prrcyvel]
>> "Lord Mrrlyn checked him out." Sir Prrcyvel replies. "There might be
>> other ways, but there's not time at the moment."
>>
>> The knight turns to Ted. "But Osmar is quite right. I don't
>> particularly trust you, or rather the whole situation. Mrrlyn is...
>> powerful... but not all seeing. But I think we need your help here. If
>> you wish to gain my trust, and the trust of the King, you will come
>> with us into the sewers. There we shall find Lady Louissa, and who her
>> companion is. But if there is something you wish to tell us now,
>> please do so."
>> [/Sir Prrcyvel]

> [Ted]
> "I'll need my weapons and armor."
> [/Ted]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
Sir Prrcyvel shakes his head. "We shall give you the armor you arrived
in." he says simply. "Guard, go to Lord Mrrlyn's residence and request
the lizard man's belongings."
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[GM]
The guard salutes and runs back into the palace.

A minute or so later one of the other guards returns with a large,
rotund man in a thick apron and welders helmet still perched atop his
head. The fat man is holding a very ancient-looking box. He takes it
up to Vesper and opens it. Inside, on a bed of aged and discolored
felt, is a plane spear point of a very black metal.

"This, sir," the man says, "may be the only black iron in the whole
kingdom. 'Twas found, oh, a hundred and fifty years ago by some brave
adventurer in the ruins of London. 'Neath the Tower itself, 'tis said.
But what good it will do you I do not know, for 'tis no sharper than
ordinary iron, though 'tis said that certain supernatural entities
react more strongly to it than other iron."

A minute or so after that the guard returns carrying a large sack. He
dumps it on the ground, revealing Ted's weapons; his Triax rifle and
some other belongings. No armor though.

"That devil's armor and sword," the guard says, "Mrrlyin is analyzing that."
[/GM]

OOC: If Vesper wants to ask more questions, he can insert them, but
moving along...

> [Vesper]
> After grabbing the black iron, Vesper heads down in to find the others.
> [/Vesper]

OOC: What will Ted and Oz do...?

mightymartianca at gmail.com