[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VIII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 19:45:34 UTC 2012

>> [GM]
>> Alex can concur that someone looks to have gone through the curtain.
>> Clearly Louissa's radio gear is in this room.
>>
>> Vesper, assured that Alex can take care of herself, moves through the
>> curtain to reveal a set of doors behind it. These open up on a large
>> kitchen. It looks to have been recently abandoned, likely due to the
>> attacks. At the other end of the kitchen are large garage-styled
>> doors, possibly for a loading bay, and there is another door that must
>> lead back into the main hallway.
>>
>> Alex and Vesper notice some bread on the floor and looking up from it,
>> it looks like someone grabbed some bread and other supplies in a very
>> big hurry, leaving a mess of bread crumbs, crumbled bits of cheese and
>> the like. The trail leads to a small door by the garage doors.

> If she can, Alex will continue following the bread crumbs. She says to
> herself, "Good girl, keep the clues coming."
>
> To the others, "Can somebody radio the others on what I have found. I
> have a bad feeling that she has been kidnapped."

> Vesper gets on the radio and lets the others know that Louissa might
> have been kidnapped. "We're following what trails we can find now."
>
> He didn't want to give away what trails on the radio in case the
> kidnappers were listening.
>
> He unslung his rifle and followed Alex.
> [/Vesper]

[...Meanwhile back with Oz, Justin and Sir Prrcyvel...]

>> [Sir Prrcyvel]
>> "If what the man says is true," Sir Prrcyvel says, "then yes, there
>> was somebody with Lady Louissa."
>> [/Sir Prrcyvel]

> [Oz]
> Oz shook his head. "Ted was wearing that bio-armor, not guard armor.
> If I'm understanding him right, there are two people running around in
> guard armor."
> [/Oz]

>> [Sir Prrcyvel]
"So far as I know, your companion is probably in his quarters now."
Sir Prrcyvel replies. "I'll get some guards to check on him."

>> Sir Prrcyvel leans down beside Oz. "Now, good man, you say a lizard
>> man was with her. Did she look in distress? How long ago was this?"
>> [/Sir Prrcyvel]

>> [GM]
>> The guard struggles for words. He's still shaken up and suffering from
>> what was probably a good whack to the head.
>>
>> "No, Sir Prrcyvel." he says finally. "Don't think so. She pulled me
>> in. Seemed like they were working together."
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz nodded. "She might have been mind controlled, like Ted claims to
> have been. I'm not convinced it's true, but with those brains floating
> around, who knows."
> [/Oz]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
Sir Prrcyvel nods in agreement. "That is my assumption as well."
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[Justin]
Justin, who has been analyzing the body on the other side of the hall,
calls over.

"Alex and Vesper think they've found some signs of Louissa." he says.
"I'm going to go check it out.
[/Justin]

[...Back to Alex and Vesper...]

[GM]
Alex and Vesper make their way through the kitchen to the door. The
door opens to reveal a loading area and beyond it a wide courtyard.
There is a delivery truck at the loading area, and beyond it, in the
distance, is what looks like a Palace guards' motor pool.

An alarm suddenly goes off, and Alex and Vesper see two guards running
furiously towards the motor pool. They see a flash of someone leaping
into the driver's door of the vehicle and slamming it shut behind
them.

The guards are shouting "Hey, stop right now!" as they draw their energy rifles.

mightymartianca at gmail.com