[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VIII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:44:44 UTC 2012

>> [GM]
>> Alex and Vesper make their way through the kitchen to the door. The
>> door opens to reveal a loading area and beyond it a wide courtyard.
>> There is a delivery truck at the loading area, and beyond it, in the
>> distance, is what looks like a Palace guards' motor pool.
>>
>> An alarm suddenly goes off, and Alex and Vesper see two guards running
>> furiously towards the motor pool. They see a flash of someone leaping
>> into the driver's door of the vehicle and slamming it shut behind
>> them.
>>
>> The guards are shouting "Hey, stop right now!" as they draw their energy rifles.

> Vesper casts energy field infront of the vehicle to prevent it from leaving till he
> can figure out what the heck is going on better. [Strike: 19]
> [/Vesper]

OOC: I'm doing combat because effectively you're using your energy
field to block a moving vehicle. So strike and dodge apply. Dice
server seems down at the moment so I'm rolling by hand.

[GM]
The driver of the vehicle clearly saw the energy field go up, and
attempts to dodge [Dodge: 12], but fails and the vehicle strikes the
energy field, stopping dead in its tracks.

> He looks to Alex, "Not sure exactly whats happening but we should check the
> delivery truck too."

> The Coalition ranger is going to try to run into a position where she can see what
> is going on better. If she still has her rifle, she will prepare to fire.

Alex rushes forward. She can now see the passenger clearly. It appears
to be Louissa in palace guard's armor, though she's crouched down.
Alex also sees that creepy little girl that had followed Ted from the
dwarf tunnel yesterday. The driver's face is obscured, though the
driver is wearing a guard's uniform as well.
[/GM]

[...Meanwhile back with Oz, Justin and Sir Prrcyvel...]

>>> [Oz]
>>> Oz nodded. "She might have been mind controlled, like Ted claims to
>>> have been. I'm not convinced it's true, but with those brains floating
>>> around, who knows."
>>> [/Oz]

>> [Sir Prrcyvel]
>> Sir Prrcyvel nods in agreement. "That is my assumption as well."
>> [/Sir Prrcyvel]

>> [Justin]
>> Justin, who has been analyzing the body on the other side of the hall,
>> calls over.
>>
>> "Alex and Vesper think they've found some signs of Louissa." he says.
>> "I'm going to go check it out.
>> [/Justin]

> [Oz]
> Oz stands up and nods at Justin. He glances at Sir Prrcyvel and
> gestures at the armory. "Do you want to check and see if they took
> anything or should we go after Louissa?"
> [/Oz]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
"I can see they've taken some armor and weapons." Sir Prrcyvel says.
"But let us save your companion and then we can ask her captor what
he's taken in person."
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

OOC: Going to assume Oz follows Prrcyvel and Justin.

[GM]
Justin and Oz follow Sir Prrcyvel as he runs down the hall and through
the kitchen to the loading bay. Vesper is there, and Alex is further
ahead, ready to fire. They can see a vehicle stopped dead in the
middle of the courtyard, and the shimmering of an energy field right
in front of it. A number of guards are running towards the vehicle and
the gate is closing. From their vantage they can't really see who is
in the vehicle.
[/GM]

OOC: So just to recap, Oz, Justin, Vesper and Sir Prrcyvel are now at
the loading bay, while Alex is further ahead scouting and preparing to
fire if necessary. Find a rough map attached.

mightymartianca at gmail.com