[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Oz] Book 3 - Chapter VII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:17:27 UTC 2012

>> Before they even have a chance to answer, a tall, proud man
>> appears. He is dressed in full dress military uniform, which does
>> not entirely hide a tall, gangly frame. His hair is black with
>> streaks of gray, with a proud face, the lines of age now
>> appearing.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> The German had been a bit more circumspect about looking around at
> things in the ambassador's study, but he was not hiding his interest
> in everything from the books on the walls to the uniforms the men
> wore. He turned to face Elmwood when the man entered and gave him a
> proper Germanic bow when the ambassador named him, complete with
> clicked heels.
> [/Oz]

>> [GM]
>> He bows. "I am Sir Lewis Elmwood, Ambassador for King David the
>> Second of Poughkeepsie. I know you by sight, Mr. Wolz. And you must
>> be Alex Hawke. Don't be too surprised, I am kept apprised of the
>> comings and goings of my kingdom as often as is possible, and the
>> name of one of the people who spirited Lady Louissa away is well
>> known. Her disappearance has caused considerable disturbance in the
>> kingdom, as she is betrothed to king's youngest son, Prince
>> Clarence."
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> At the news Alex had stolen Louissa away from her home, he gave her
> an appraising look but said nothing.
> [/Oz]

>> [GM]
>> "Now tell me more fully, why is she and one of your other
>> companions being held by Master Mrrlyn?"
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> "Lord Mrrlyn did not deign to share his reasons with us, Lord
> Ambassador. He stated that he regarded one of our companions to be a
> threat to king and country and announced his summary detention. Lady
> Louissa did not want to leave Ted- that is his name, m'lord- alone in
> detention and volunteered to stay with him until such a time as he
> was freed."
> [/Oz]

> [Alex]
> Clearing her throat, Alex states, "I would not say that we spirited
> her away but that she decided to stow away. We did not find out that
> she was with us until it is too late."
>
> "I am not sure of all of the specifics on why Mrrlyn wish to hold
> Ted,"  she continues. "The wizard said it was a security matter." The
> tone of her voice shows a little bit of skepticism.

The Ambassador thinks for a moment. "Well, if they are held in Lord
Mrrlyin's custody, we ought to be able to find something out. Follow me."

The Ambassador does not even wait for an answer. This is obviously a man
used to having his way. Though he has such a lofty posting now, both Oz
and Alex can easily recognize a man with a considerable amount of
military experience.

He leads them down a paneled wall into what must be his office. There
are paintings and photographs on the walls, some of which Alex
recognizes from her brief time adventuring in the Hudson River Valley.
Others are more exotic, including several that appear to be of ruined
cities.

He gestures for Alex and Oz to be seated, sits himself and then picks up
a phone. "Get me the Palace Switchboard." There is a brief pause, and
then the Ambassador continues, "Yes, connect me through to Lord Mrrlyn's
security detail. I believe the name is Sir Constance Moore. Very good."

Finally after about a minute of waiting, the Ambassador seems to have
reached the man he's after. "Ah yes, Sir Constance. I am informed that
you have one Lady Louissa Peters, a subject of the Kingdom of
Poughkeepsie, along with a companion named Ted, I believe. Ah, oh
really. Well, that is news then. Thank you, Sir Constance. I'll be sure
to send over some of that cherry brandy."

The Ambassador hangs the phone up. "Good news, Lady Louissa and this Ted
have been cleared by Lord Mrrlyn and will be released soon. I will send
an escort with you to meet them at the palace gates. I gather you have
rooms set aside. I will of course require that Lady Louissa meet with me
at the earliest opportunity. Her absence has caused considerable grief
for her father and for her future in-laws. We had been lead to believe
that she had had some sort of a... shall we say in appropriate
relationship with an Elf by the name of Talas Leafblade."
[/GM]

OOC: Talas was a former member of the company who died in the undersea
base while back.

[GM]
The Ambassador pushes a button on the phone. "Heinz, get two of my
guards out front and escort our guests to the palace gates."

He turns back to Alex and Oz. "Can either of you confirm or falsify this
claim of such a relationship? She is betrothed to a member of my
kingdom's royal family, after all."

mightymartianca at gmail.com