[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter VIII - New Camelot

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon May 14 19:29:50 UTC 2012

>>> [Alex]
>>> Shaking her head, Alex grabs the neural grenade she fired at Ted.
>>> She will do a quick careful telepathic scan of his mind so see if
>>> she can figure out what is going on.
>>>
>>> At least this kind seems less autocratic than Emperor Karl
>>> Prosek for the stories she has heard.
>>> [/Alex]

>> [GM]
>> Alex can only sense fear and confusion, nothing surprising
>> considering. Still her dagger tries to pierce deeper, but it as if the
>> door is shut and the deeper thoughts cannot be sensed.
>> [/GM]

>> [Justin]
>> Justin looks disquieted and distrustful. His two dogs flank Ted,
>> awaiting only his command to pounce.
>>
>> "We're trying to help you." he says. "Can you tell us what happened.
>> Why did you try to kill the king?"
>> [/Justin]

>> [GM]
>> A moment or two later the King and Sir Prrcyvel appear. "Well, let us
>> see what you can do." the King says. "Mrrlyn has been alrerted, though
>> why he is not here now I find a little disturbing."
>>
>> They also notice for the first time that Louissa is not among them.
>> She had gone with Ted when he had been first taken into custody but
>> she is nowhere to be seen.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> The German man kept up the tourist routine as they headed into the
> cells. He looked at everything, apparently curious even about the
> prison. He let other people do the questioning for now, spending his
> time examining the strange bio-tech of the lizard man's armor.
> [/Oz]

> [Ted]
> "Please...," the lizard man's voice is hoarse, reflecting his weakened
> physical stated. "Please, one minute I was... and then the next..."
> He seems almost delirious.

> "I believe he may have been controlled against his will. Those brain
> creatures seemed to possesive some pretty impressive psychic
> powers. Remember Ted was left under Merlin's guard how would he
> have come by the weapons and armor he ended up with, without
> some third party intervening."
> [/Vesper]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
"I would agree with this fellow's diagnosis." the knight says. "How he
came to be in the possession of such a weapon and such armor is
troubling, however."
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[The King]
"We cannot release him until we know for certain what the cause is."
the King says. As he speaks, the door opens and Mrrlyn, looking
haggard, comes in.

"Ah good, Mrrlyn." Arr'thu says. "I had thought perhaps you had taken
a vacation.
[/The King]

[Mrrlyn]
"Would that I had, Your Majesty." the sorcerer says. "I found myself
under attack by those brain things as well, and it took me some effort
to fight them off."
[/Mrrlyn]

> [Oz]
> When he remembers Louissa, he looks at Sir Prrcyvel. "Sir, one of our
> companions was with this man in captivity. Could you send a soldier to
> see if she is still in custody?"
> [/Oz]

[Mrrlyn]
Mrryln points to the lizard man. "Ask him." he says gruffly. "He was
with Lady Louissa, and the guards have reported to me that she is
missing as well."
[/Mrrlyn]

[Sir Prrcyvel]
Prrcyvel, seeming a little irritated, shakes his head. "I will send
the guards to look for her. She may have been injured in the attack.
But Ted here is our prime concern, see what you can learn, as he seems
too weak to respond to questioning."
[/Sir Prrcyvel]

[Mrrlyn]
Mrrlyn grunts, and then moves over to Ted. He takes a monacle out of
his pocket and begins looking the lizard man over. He lingers for some
time over the lizard man's eyes, as if locked by them.

Seemingly weakened by his probing, Mrrlyn stumbles back. "Ahhh, too
much effort." he sighs. "Whatever afflicted your companion, it has him
no longer. He is mentally and physically strained and will need rest.
I will take this armor and this weapon and I will examine them
further, when I too have rested."
[/Mrrlyn]

[The King]
"That being the case," the king says, looking upon Mrrlyn with some
concern, "let us retire to my chambers. I was to hold a late feast,
but alas, I do not think that would be wise. Will all of you join me?
I'm sure your friend Ted could use some refreshment?"
[/The King]

mightymartianca at gmail.com