[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Karl Prosek karl.prosek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 22:33:52 UTC 2012

[GM]
> The guards nod, and fall in behind him. The mud, while making going a
> little harder, has the advantage of somewhat muffling their footsteps.
>
> When they are within about ten feet of the cabin, one of the guard
> signals, pointing at the cabin. They can just make out a couple of
> armored figures, their armor covered in mud, watching the main trail,
> one with binoculars, the other with a energy rifle. They are looking
> almost in the opposite direction to where Oz and the guards are coming
> from. But they won't get much closer without having to step on to
> drier land and alerting the two people in the ruined cabin to their
> presence.
[/GM]

[Oz]
Oz holsters his guns and pulls the laser rifle off his back. He
signals for one of the guards to proceed down the path a dozen meters
or so, then hook in, and for the other to do the same in the other
direction- a classic pincer movement. With him in the middle,
hopefully unseen and able to snipe anybody who popped their head up.

He turns up the telescopic magnification on his helmet cam to try to
catch the insignia of the guard on the roof. If that wasn't good
enough to bring them in clearly he patched in the rifle's telescopic
sight to his HUD.

Over the encrypted guard channel he gave his two soldiers a terse
"Ready positions and hold for green light." i.e.- get into position
and stay there until I tell you to go. Oz briefly wished he'd had
better trained backup- any unit he'd been associated with would have
had a hand signal for that so they wouldn't have had to risk even the
encrypted transmission being picked up.
[/Oz]

OOC: He pulled out his TA-12 Triax Laser Rifle (aka the Triax version
of the JA-12).

He wants his guards to stay on the mud until he tells them to go.
Basically, he wants to keep the element of surprise for as long as
possible.