[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 20:49:24 UTC 2012

>> [GM]
>> The guards nod, and fall in behind him. The mud, while making going a
>> little harder, has the advantage of somewhat muffling their footsteps.
>>
>> When they are within about ten feet of the cabin, one of the guard
>> signals, pointing at the cabin. They can just make out a couple of
>> armored figures, their armor covered in mud, watching the main trail,
>> one with binoculars, the other with a energy rifle. They are looking
>> almost in the opposite direction to where Oz and the guards are coming
>> from. But they won't get much closer without having to step on to
>> drier land and alerting the two people in the ruined cabin to their
>> presence.
> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz holsters his guns and pulls the laser rifle off his back. He
> signals for one of the guards to proceed down the path a dozen meters
> or so, then hook in, and for the other to do the same in the other
> direction- a classic pincer movement. With him in the middle,
> hopefully unseen and able to snipe anybody who popped their head up.
> [Oz]

[GM]
The guards nod and move in the pattern Oz has ordered. They are
clearly well trained, and move silently but quickly.
[/GM]

> [/Oz]
> He turns up the telescopic magnification on his helmet cam to try to
> catch the insignia of the guard on the roof. If that wasn't good
> enough to bring them in clearly he patched in the rifle's telescopic
> sight to his HUD.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
There appears to be no insignia of any kind. Whatever these people
are, they do not appear to be any kind of regular army.
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> Over the encrypted guard channel he gave his two soldiers a terse
> "Ready positions and hold for green light." i.e.- get into position
> and stay there until I tell you to go. Oz briefly wished he'd had
> better trained backup- any unit he'd been associated with would have
> had a hand signal for that so they wouldn't have had to risk even the
> encrypted transmission being picked up.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The guards give an equally terse "Aye" Oz can see them crouch down,
quickly checking their e-clips and awaiting his order.
[/GM]

> OOC: He pulled out his TA-12 Triax Laser Rifle (aka the Triax version
> of the JA-12).
>
> He wants his guards to stay on the mud until he tells them to go.
> Basically, he wants to keep the element of surprise for as long as
> possible.

[GM]
Oz sees one of the men in the ruined cabin begin to turn. Any moment
now he is going to be looking right at one of Oz's men.

mightymartianca at gmail.com