[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Justin and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Peter Perkins riftsgm at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 21:00:53 UTC 2012

________________________________
 From: Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com>
To: The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM <taocowpbem at zork.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Justin and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

>> [GM]
>> The top of the cliff wall comes into view. Two, no make that three
>> people in armor are creeping along the edge of the cliff, staying just
>> out of sight of anyone beneath. Two have guns drawn and is holding a
>> long black tube, perhaps six inches in diameter, three feet long with
>> some sort of cartridge on the end of it.
>>
>> The grenade keeps going up, and more of the land above the cliff can
>> be seen. There a few trees, and then what looks like a fog bank comes
>> into view. It seems to stretch for a mile or two in a semi-circle,
>> although whatever is inside it cannot be seen.
>> [/GM]

>> [Justin]
>> "They definitely know we're here." Justin says. "I think maybe one of
>> us should head back a bit, see if there is another route up. I don't
>> know what that hollow tube is, but I don't like the possibilities. And
>> Vesper, do you know anything about that fog bank?"
>> [/Justin]

> [Vesper]
> "That fog bank could be a spell to disguise what is going on or it
> could be that it is coming out of that dimensional disturbance
> that I felt. Sometimes things do slip through rifts."
>
> He looks to Alex to see what she may have gotten from the grenade.
>
> If she shares about seeing those men up there. He will create an
> energy field like an umbrella over him and his friends when they get
> close in case it needs to take the hit better it then them.

> "There is three men, well figures, above on the cliff. Might be able to
>  pot shot them with a grenade. I could either try to take out the shale
> to try to drop them or use a stun / flash grenade. They are in body
> armor so don't think that a knock out gas ill work."

> Vesper nods to Alex, "Taking out the shale would be good. It will be
> loud though."
>
> He prepared, "Fire from around the energy field then duck back under
> it should protect us from the falling stone."

> "Shale is probably more vulnerable to explosive than energy weapons."
> If she has time, she will fire two high explosive grenades to land on
> top where they are at and hopefully cause the shale to collapse annd
> then dive under the force field
> [/Alex]

OOC: I'm not going to bother rolling strikes, as the PCs are just
firing into a cliff.

[Justin]
When Vesper and Alex fire at the cliffs, Justin opens fire as well.
[/Justin]

[GM]
As Vesper predicted, there is a lot of noise... A LOT! Booming from
the grenades laced with weapons fire, it sounds like a very large bomb
has gone off in the gully.

Within moments much of the shale wall simply gives way, as much from
the noise as from direct explosions and gunfire. Alex and Justin
barely have time to duck under the shield. When the cliff gives way,
it seems to go on and on and on. The three adventurers are quickly
plunged into darkness as rocks and boulders fall on top of the shield
and block out the light.

The collapse must go on for a minute or more, though sound is now so
muffled that it's hard to say.
[/GM]

[Justin]
Justin turns on the lights on his power armor.
[/Justin]

[GM]
Not that it is any surprise, but the three are now indeed standing in
a bubble surrounded by what may very well be tons of rock.
[/GM]

[Justin]
"Okay..." Justin says. "Now what?"
[/Justin]

[Vesper]
"It's only a partial dome We should be able to dig our way out or melt our way out with some energy
weapons. If worse comes to worse I can rift us out but let's try another method first as that will get us out but
it's incredibly draining and a little risky."
[/Vesper]

mightymartianca at gmail.com