[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Justin and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 20:44:28 UTC 2012

>> [GM]
>> As Vesper predicted, there is a lot of noise... A LOT! Booming from
>> the grenades laced with weapons fire, it sounds like a very large bomb
>> has gone off in the gully.
>>
>> Within moments much of the shale wall simply gives way, as much from
>> the noise as from direct explosions and gunfire. Alex and Justin
>> barely have time to duck under the shield. When the cliff gives way,
>> it seems to go on and on and on. The three adventurers are quickly
>> plunged into darkness as rocks and boulders fall on top of the shield
>> and block out the light.
>>
>> The collapse must go on for a minute or more, though sound is now so
>> muffled that it's hard to say.
>> [/GM]

>> [Justin]
>> Justin turns on the lights on his power armor.
>> [/Justin]

>> [GM]
>> Not that it is any surprise, but the three are now indeed standing in
>> a bubble surrounded by what may very well be tons of rock.
>> [/GM]

>> [Justin]
>> "Okay..." Justin says. "Now what?"
>> [/Justin]

> [Vesper]
> "It's only a partial dome We should be able to dig our way out or melt
> our way out with some energy weapons. If worse comes to worse I
> can rift us out but let's try another method first as that will get us out
> but it's incredibly draining and a little risky."
> [/Vesper]

[Justin]
"Then we best be about it." Justin replies, as he immediately sets
about to digging.
[/Justin]

> [Alex]
> Taking advantage of the video camera in the sky, Alex will carefully
> examine everything, seeing is she can figure out what happened
> to the ambush and how much rubble is covering them.

The video feed shows that the cliff collapsed back about six or seven
feet, and is now covering about fifty feet of the path, as well as
having dammed the small river at the bottom. There is no sign of the
people who were at the top of the cliff. So far as Alex can tell, they
are probably under about fifteen feet of rock.

> "Sorry, I certainly did not expect that much rubble to come down,"
> Alex  responds. There is a tiny age of surprise but her military training
> is on the forefront.

Justin has already made pretty good progress and announces that he's
reached the surface. With some effort Vesper and Alex join him.

The air is filled with dust, but if there is anybody else around, they
are staying well out of sight. It takes some doing to scrabble through
the loose rock but finally they reach the safety of the path. In the
distance they do hear gunfire, some coming from the east of them, some
coming from the northeast, and dimly, some seeming to come from the
fog bank directly in front of them a few hundred feet away. Almost
they can hear what sounds like screams, very muffled, as if coming
from miles away.

mightymartianca at gmail.com