[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Justin and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter IX - The Sewers

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:19:13 UTC 2012

>>> [Alex]
>>> As soon as the guy suggests that she needs to get him free, she uses
>>> telepathy to eves drop to see what he is thinks. She is not a great
>>> 'actress' but can at least school her features.
>>> [/Alex]

>> [GM]
>> The surface thoughts of this man are not hard to read. Alex senses his
>> desire to be free, and his fear of New Camelot justice. She sees a
>> young woman, maybe 25 years old, with three children and, by the looks
>> of it, a third on the way. She also sees an image of a tall man,
>> handsome features with long flowing blond locks of hair and an
>> eyepatch over one eye. She also sees some less palatable things; a
>> plump man in rich fabrics against a wall begging for his life before
>> his head explodes from gunfire, shadowy men creeping over a rise to
>> peer down on a caravan of vehicles.
>> [/GM]

>> [Justin]
>> "What is it, Alex?" Justin asks. He turns to Vesper. "I do not think
>> we can wait much longer. We are already behind Louissa, and whoever is
>> with her. We need to move soon."
>> [/Justin]

> [Vesper]
> "I don't know Justin, do we free him or not ? He might be able to help
> but at the same time he might just be trying to save his skin."

> "He does not appear to know anything useful. No imagines in his mind
> of our companions." the scout responds.
>
> "Best I can do is look for some signs of them."

> Vesper nods, "Alright then let's move on. I really need to learn that
> locate spell."
>
> Vesper follows the others hoping perhaps now out of the sewers Justin's
> dogs can get a scent.
> [/Vesper]

[Justin]
"I wonder where Oz and Sir Prrcyvel are." Justin asks.

He tries again to radio them. "We are beyond the city now, and are
going to search northward."

"Okay," he says. "Let's see if Poby and Deem can get Louissa's scent."

Once the three companions are away from the caravan, Justin commands
his two dogs "Smell and find!"
[/Justin]

[GM]
The two dogs tear off across the field, moving back and forth trying
to catch a scent. As they do, Alex is surveying the field [Track
Humanoids: 43%]. Quicker than the dogs can find the scent, Alex sites
the trail through the tall grass of the field. It leads to a
depression, which may be a ditch or small creek, and beyond that the
large woodland they had first seen when they surfaced out of the
sewers. There are a few other paths through the grass, but this is the
only one that seems to start at where they, and probably Louissa, got
above ground again.
[/GM]

[Justin]
"Should we wait for Oz, or follow the trail now?" Justin asks.
[/Justin]

mightymartianca at gmail.com