[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Justin and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter IX - The Sewers

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 01:31:02 UTC 2012

>> [GM]
>>
>> To the east of them is a wide road that runs north-south, ending at a
>> high gate in the wall. Even at this early hour there is traffic on the
>> road. In fact, a lot of traffic. There must be thirty vehicles,
>> everything from jeeps to trucks to even a couple of ox-drawn carts.
>> The people look tired and scared, and several New Camelot soldiers are
>> walking up and down the road. It looks as if there has been a ruckus
>> recently.  A truck and a wagon have been overturned, and it looks like
>> they were struck by gunfire.
>>
>> The company sees several people in chains, with about a dozen city
>> guards surrounding them, one of them shouting out "... and these are
>> your rights in the Kingdom of New Camelot. Any questions?".
>>
>> To the north this stand of trees ends at a wide open field, and beyond
>> is another thicker stand of trees. Beyond that, in the distance, can
>> be glimpsed fields and villages.
>>
>> "I left them here." Glef says. "Me not know where they went, but Third
>> Ear says north, far from city." He eyes the guards in the distance
>> nervously. "Me like to leave now, okay?"
>> [/GM]

>> [Justin]
>> Justin surveys the area. "Well..." he says, looking to Vesper and
>> Alex. "Any idea where they might have gone?"
>> [/Justin]

> [Alex]
> The scout whispers to Justin, "I don't like slaves."
>
> She will walk straight up to the guards however and state, "I am looking
> for two individuals. I am hoping that you have seen them. I am on the
> king's business."
>
> She will describe them if they don't act too hostile or seem to be able
> to help
> Otherwise, providing that there are no problems, she will look for some
> kind of trail.

One of the men looks quizzically at Alex and her two companions. She
notices that their odd little friend is nowhere to be seen.

"Ain't see no one by that description, ma'am." one of the guards says.
"Been busy with this desperate lot. Been flooding into the city since
before dawn. This lot is bandits, hiding out in the woods yonder and
robbin' these folk. Maybe the folks you're looking for ran up against
their mates. Under the lead of a no good bastard named Bill Jones. If
he met up with your mates, aye, I'd say you'd best get shovels, cause
all you're gonna be gettin' back is their corpses, stripped o' even
the gold fillings."

The guards do not seem to have much else to say and soon leave the
chained man in the with one guard.

One of the chained-up man leans over in Alex's direction and beckons
her to approach.

"Mebbe I see your friends." says one fellow, a grim looking man with
an eye patch over one eye and a cybernetic eye in the other socket,
and a face scarred with two crosses carved into one cheek. "Mebbe I
see a lizard man and a pretty lady in Palace guard's uniforms, runnin'
across that field towards those woods."

"Mebbe I have, an' mebbe I knows how t' help 'em." he continues. "But
if I rot in a New Camelot prison, certain I won't say nothin' about
it. Up to you."

mightymartianca at gmail.com