[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XI - All Together Again!

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 20:11:02 UTC 2013

> [Miles]
> Miles nods and follows the new group.
> "Friend Thodin, we have had a most avantageous turn of events finding these
> folks.  And there seems to be the most interesting tale to tell here. Did I
> mention that I am looking to breaking into the art of Story telling and tale
> weaving?" Miles says with a nod and little smile.
> [/Miles]

[Thodin]
The dwarf seems less impressed. "These people look ready to kill one
another, Friend Miles. A story that will make, to be sure, but somehow
I wish I were hearing it for the first time from a safe distance."
[/Thodin]

>> [Jacek the Borg]
>> The Borg turns to the wilderness scout. "The fog is generated by this
>> tower, which we discovered and erected some years ago to keep the
>> prying eyes of New Camelot away."
>>
>> He turns to the rest of the company. "I will happily lead you all out.
>> Indeed, as part of our new arrangement with New Camelot, arranged by
>> the Knight Commander..." he gestures to Oz, "I will turn the tower's
>> mechanism off. However, first I must see some evidence that the
>> creature that attacked and killed so many of my people is indeed
>> dead."
>> [/Jacek the Borg]

> [Oz]
> Oz nodded. "I would like to see this thing's body, as well. From all
> we've heard of it, verifying that the demon is dead before we leave is
> the least we should do."
> [/Oz]

> [Miles]
> Miles stops abruptly when looking from Oz to Jacek, surveying them both,
> taking mental notes of the too....
> [/Miles]

> [Vesper]
> "I am afraid you will need to talk to Ted about that.  I don't understand
> why but his health and life are linked to the beast.  Probably some curse
> though I don't know for sure." He looks around, "Ted could you explain ?"

> "I wish I could explain," Ted states.
> [/Ted]

[Louissa]
Louissa sighs. "Look, we stopped the thing from its slaughter. It
looks dead enough. Come and see."

She leads Jacek to the ATV that Ted is in.
[/Louissa]

[Jacek the Borg]
Jacek peers inside, seeing the young child, covered in dirt and
abrasions. The borg stands perfectly still, likely scanning the girl
with his cybernetic sensors.

"It does not breathe." Jacek says finally. "But perhaps it never did."

Jacek looks at each member of the company in turn, and then to Oz. "It
is beyond my skill or knowledge to deal with this thing. You will
swear, Knight Commander, for yourself, for your companions and for
your King, that this thing will be taken away from here, and will not
return. If it does, I will consider our agreement forfeit."

"And..." Jacek continues after a moment. "The families of the dead
will receive 10,000 credits in money or goods for each of those they
lost. Do you agree?"
[/Jacek the Borg]

mightymartianca at gmail.com