[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XI - All Together Again!

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 19:45:04 UTC 2013

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa sighs. "Look, we stopped the thing from its slaughter. It
>> looks dead enough. Come and see."
>>
>> She leads Jacek to the ATV that Ted is in.
>> [/Louissa]

>> [Jacek the Borg]
>> Jacek peers inside, seeing the young child, covered in dirt and
>> abrasions. The borg stands perfectly still, likely scanning the girl
>> with his cybernetic sensors.
>>
>> "It does not breathe." Jacek says finally. "But perhaps it never did."
>>
>> Jacek looks at each member of the company in turn, and then to Oz. "It
>> is beyond my skill or knowledge to deal with this thing. You will
>> swear, Knight Commander, for yourself, for your companions and for
>> your King, that this thing will be taken away from here, and will not
>> return. If it does, I will consider our agreement forfeit."
>>
>> "And..." Jacek continues after a moment. "The families of the dead
>> will receive 10,000 credits in money or goods for each of those they
>> lost. Do you agree?"
>> [/Jacek the Borg]

> [Alex]
> "Somebody still needs to explain to me? What would happen if we just
> destroyed the body."
>
> "I don't like making promises and being kicked out of yet another land
> without knowing what the hell is going on."
> [/Alex]

> [Oz]
> The German had been about to answer when Alex offered her perfectly
> reasonable question. Oz nodded to her and looked back at Jacek. "What
> do you say to that, Jacek? We build a pyre, here and now, to destroy
> the creature's remains and as a death offering for your lost friends
> and family."
>
> "Either way, as you prefer, I swear it will be done, in the King's
> name. The creature will not return and your people will have 10,000
> credits as weregild. You and your warriors will fight with Camelot's
> forces until the Splugorth invaders have been repelled. In exchange
> for your service, the King will grant all the Hood's people amnesty
> for their past crimes."
>
> "Do you agree?"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
Jacek looks over to his men and nods.

The three men, dressed in mismatched armor, leap out of their ATV and
begin walking towards the ATV that the little girl is in. They do not
have their weapons drawn, but they look to have pretty twitchy trigger
fingers.
[/GM]

[Jacek]
"With your permission..." Jacek says to Oz. He seems to be outright
ignoring anybody else as he reaches to open the door of the ATV...
[/Jacek]

[Louissa]
Louissa looks up to Ted, and then to Vesper and Alex, with an
expression of fear and concern.
[/Louissa]