[Taocow PBEM] [Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter XIII - The Millennium Druids

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 20:36:49 UTC 2013

>> [GM]
>> There seems no objection to moving on. Still, reaching the
>> Millennium Tree is a tricky venture, as it is now surrounded by a
>> fast flowing river on all sides. It takes some careful maneuvering
>> by all three vehicles to find the shallowest part of the lake.
>>
>> For Oz, there is the additional worry that his two scouts that
>> went out the with newcomer and his dwarf to scout out the lake and
>> dam never returned, leading one of Oz's men to speculate that they
>> may have got caught in the flood. A couple of men ask for Oz's
>> permission to go back and look for the four missing people.

> "I could stay behind Oz and try to find our missing scouts if you
> want." Vesper waited for Oz to answer.
> [/Vesper]

> [Oz]
> Oz nodded. "Sure. Take a couple of my men, so there aren't any
> misunderstandings."
> [/Oz]

> [Vesper]
> Vesper nods and begins searching for people in the snowy environment.
> He has the Winter Storm Demon act as body guard for now as well as
> help in the search with the scouts.  He will also look for any dead
> Kydians.

Oz's soldiers are little put off by the presence of the Wind Storm
Demon, even if they can't exactly see him, but it certainly has proved
a powerful enemy.

The landscape around the Tree and up to the dam is a mess. Vesper
spots at least a half a dozen dead Kydians, as well as several high
end Splugorth weapons. While some of the druids and other Tree
defenders are gathering bodies and items up, it's a pretty monumental
job and they have not got to this area.

Where snow-covered ground was just a few hours ago is a washed out
mudflat already beginning to freeze over in the cold temperatures. As
Vesper and his odd company of demon and soldiers make their way to the
last known position of the scouts, it's hard to tell anything from
landmarks which have either been washed away or denuded of snow.

As they get closer to the dam, they can see, here and there, the odd
arm or leg sticking out of the mud, but this could be a very hard
search.

mightymartianca at gmail.com