[Taocow PBEM] [Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter XIII - The Millennium Druids

Peter Perkins riftsgm at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 8 20:26:05 UTC 2013

________________________________
 From: Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com>
To: The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM <taocowpbem at zork.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2013 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] [Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter XIII - The Millennium	Druids

>> [GM]
>> Oz's soldiers are little put off by the presence of the Wind Storm
>> Demon, even if they can't exactly see him, but it certainly has proved
>> a powerful enemy.
>>
>> The landscape around the Tree and up to the dam is a mess. Vesper
>> spots at least a half a dozen dead Kydians, as well as several high
>> end Splugorth weapons. While some of the druids and other Tree
>> defenders are gathering bodies and items up, it's a pretty monumental
>> job and they have not got to this area.
>>
>> Where snow-covered ground was just a few hours ago is a washed out
>> mudflat already beginning to freeze over in the cold temperatures. As
>> Vesper and his odd company of demon and soldiers make their way to the
>> last known position of the scouts, it's hard to tell anything from
>> landmarks which have either been washed away or denuded of snow.
>>
>> As they get closer to the dam, they can see, here and there, the odd
>> arm or leg sticking out of the mud, but this could be a very hard
>> search.

> Vesper will gather what items he can as they come across the strange
> Splugorth troops. Giving one to the winter demon
> as payment for it's services even though he is pretty sure the mayhem it
> caused alone was payment for the creature.
>
> He knew from his time in the Federation of Magic Splugorth odd tech was as
> powerful as most anything.
>
> He turned to the other soldiers, "Gentleman any ideas on how best to find
> them ? Perhaps you should try radioing ?"
>
> He had the demon help dig free beings when he saw the odd limb sticking out
> of the mud to see if it was any of the scouts that had gone missing.
> [/Vesper]

[OOC]
Vesper finds the following:
- 12 Undamaged Staffs of Pacification (Atlantis p. 121)
- 2 Eylor Helms of Omnipotence (Atlantis p. 125)
- 3 relatively undamaged suits of Overlord Power Armor (Atlantis p. 123)
- 15 K-E4 Plasma Ejectors (Atlantis p. 137)
- 5 Forearm Plasma Blasters (Atlantis p. 153)
- 50 Full Long E-Clips
- 1 Lesser Rune Sword (Atlantis p. 127, Damage: 5D6MD, -6 to parry
energy blasts, +1 to savings throws)
[/OOC]

[GM]
It takes some time to gather the equipment, but it's an impressive
array to be sure. All the bodies dug out belong to Kydians or Kittani,
with a couple of the very creepy Metztla. No sign of the missing
scouts however.

One of the men nods at Vesper's suggestion and pulls out his radio and
tries to gain contact with the missing scouts.

A few moments later a faint reply comes. "We're all safe." a crackly
voice says. "We're in some sort of .underground control room, probably
pre-Apocalypse. Trying to find our way out."

The missing scouts can't be far away, but all Vesper and his
companions can see is a sea of freezing mud.
[/GM]

[Vesper]
"I am no real expert on radios is there some way you can locate them with the radios ? If Alex were here she would know."
Not having any of the scouts belongings he knew he couldnt use magic to locate them the way he might normally.
"Let the scouts know we will try and find them. Right now all we see is freezing mud everywhere."
[/Vesper]

mightymartianca at gmail.com