[Taocow PBEM] [Alex] Book 3 - Chapter XIII - The Millennium Druids

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 19:43:35 UTC 2013

> [Alex]
> Turning towards their host, Alex asks, "Is there anything clean I might
> borrow for a couple of days. Could use the chance to see if my fatigues are
> salvageable. Something will go wrong, it always does but maybe I can get a
> few minute break."
>
> As far as locking up the girl, demon, whatever it is, please take her from
> me. I am sorry about us bringing her here."

The guard nods. "I shall fetch you some clothes, ma'am."

A few minutes later he returns with greenish, loose-fitting clothes; a
shirt with long sleeves, pants, as well as a belt made of bark and
soft shoes made from leaves. They are very comfortable, and despite
being quite light, are very warm.

"I trust these will do you, ma'am." the guard says. "If you want
something more... military... I can get something fetched from the
barracks at the base of the tree."

"As to the child, it is my understanding that the Council is
questioning her right now. You need not trouble yourself, ma'am. If
such a thing is to roam the waking world, it is best that it be here,
where it can do less harm."

The guard begs his leave and departs. By now, Ted, Louissa and the
Borg have already departed, and Alex has her quarters to herself. In
the common room she can hear several soldiers talking, laughing and
gambling as soldiers so often do when they have the chance.

mightymartianca at gmail.com