[Taocow PBEM] undefined

Peter Perkins riftsgm at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 22:37:48 UTC 2013

Vesper will return when he is done.

On Friday, December 6, 2013 3:20 PM, Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

OOC: Oz and Vesper have not returned yet at this point, but Louissa,
Alex, Ted and Jacek the Borg are here now. Hopefully Oz and Vesper
will rejoin the company soon (hint hint!)

>> [GM]
>> With little else to discuss the Council bids the adventurers a good
>> evening and bids them to return to their residence and make
>> preparations for the journey to come.
>>
>> Back at their residence, they find most of the soldiers lounging
>> around, enjoying a bit of rest of their last days' struggles. There is
>> no sign of Karl or Vesper, and a couple of druids who are acting as
>> guides and guards advise Alex, Louissa and Ted that their companions
>> are below interrogating the Splugorth Blind Warrior Women.
>>
>> Night is deepening, and a gentle fire seems to beckon sleep.
>> [/GM]

[Louissa]
Louissa, stifling a yawn, turns to Alex. "I'm sorry we disagree over
the girl creature, Alex. But Ted truly needs this."
[/Louissa]

[GM]
As Louissa is talking, the large door to the guest quarters opens,
revealing the Elf woman Taelaen, who had been their guide earlier, and
another woman. The other woman is attractive, average height young
human woman. No tan, moderately freckled, long medium-brown hair in a
ponytail.

She is wearing a silver-trimmed white military-style uniform, with a
utility belt, and armor plated boots, pauldrons and bracers.
The suit has a light non-enviornmental helmet with a silver half-
visor that obscures the eyes.  Tucked into a breast pocket
(seemingly made just for it) is a small yellow-handled screw driver.

She is carrying a very large scoped rifle of indeterminate make,
almost comically oversized.

Taelaen is saying to her "There are several empty rooms. You may
choose any you like. May you have peace tonight." With that Taelaen
departs, leaving the young woman behind.

One Jacek's men turns around. "Oy, now that's a pretty one. Hello,
little lady, don't be no cold fish. You come on over here and sit down
next to us and warm yourself up."

The New Camelot soldiers do not hide their disgust, and the Borg,
Jacek, turns to the stranger. "I shall beat him if you wish." he says.
"Willard is a fool with a large mouth."
[/GM]

[Louissa]
Louissa, ever the diplomat, walks over to the strange young woman.
"Don't mind those mercenaries. Two days ago they were bandits with the
manners and bearing of rutting sows. I am Louissa, the lizard man over
there is my friend Ted, and the red-haired woman next to him is Alex."
[/Louissa]

OOC: I'd like to welcome our new (old) player. Hopefully the new PC
will introduce herself, but I'm going to go a bit further just to push
ahead as every thought would be good.

[GM]
For once the night is undisturbed. The Tree has a calming effect that
seems to put everyone into a deep sleep. The only sounds are the
gentle creaking of the mighty tree. In these quarters, even as another
winter storm rages in the night, there is only warmth. Sometimes the
companions will almost awaken to the sound of some distant singing,
but the singing itself seems to plunge them back into sleep, a sleep
with gentle dreams of spring afternoons with gentle suns and babbling
brooks.

When they awaken in the morning, the winter sun is streaming through
the windows. Outside, many hundreds of feet below, new fallen snow has
covered the blasted battle plain, and the land looks at peace. Out in
the common area breakfast has already been served; hotcakes with a
honey syrup, toast with nut spreads, coffee, tea and a heart and
fortifying mead. The soldiers and mercenaries are gathering and
already digging in.

And then the elf woman Taelaen appears. "The Council has reconvened
this morning, and wishes you to attend." She turns to the strange
young woman. "You as well, friend."

Ted, Alex, Louissa, Vesper and Oz, along with Jacek the Borg, Oz,
along with the strange young woman, are lead back up the Tree to the
vast hall. There the council of druids sits. Off in the corner, the
ancient old druid with the strange glow to him is sleeping, looking
like hasn't moved all night. Finally there is the Blind Warrior Woman,
Ithdalkal, standing and looking grim, until Oz appears, at which point
she smiles broadly.

At a table sits another man in a bizarre outfit. He is wearing an
aviator's cap, has a fantastically large handlebar moustache. He is
dressed in black weather, and is wearing a watch the size of cell
phone, with all sorts of odd blinking lights and wires sticking out of
it.

The head of the council introduces the man. "This is Simon von
Schellburg, from the east of Europe, and captain of der
Teufelshörnchen, a technowizard airship heading to Wales. He has said
he is willing to take you to Wales, if you so wish."

mightymartianca at gmail.com