[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa OOC

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 20:28:52 UTC 2013

OOC: I'll answer under each question.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Karl Prosek <karl.prosek at gmail.com> wrote:
> OOC:
> Is there any cover on the side of the ravine where Oz's team is? i.e.-
> could they reasonably expect to hide and ambush the bad guys?

There is little cover on this side above the trail. The trail is cut
into the side of a cliff. There are some scrubby trees growing here
and there, but not enough to hide Oz's entire company.

However, there are more trees on the cliffside below the trail. It
might be a bit dangerous (it's about a ten foot drop/slide down), but
that offers a lot more cover.

> How high/difficult is the rockslide? Does Oz think he and his team
> could get up in less than a couple of minutes?

Two minutes might be a bit optimistic. It's basically a lot of loose
shale, which will make for difficult footing. Men with lighter kit
might be able to make it, but your heavy weapons guys would have a
tough time getting to the top in two minutes.

> I'm thinking they could take cover and blast the crap out of the
> cliffside, bringing another rockslide down on the enemy force. That's
> if they have cover and the bad guys would be near enough to the cliff
> to be affected by a rockslide.
>
> Alternatively, they could scramble up the rockslide and try to defend
> the high ground. If there's a cliff on the other side, they could try
> to bring that down on the bad guys instead of their own cliff.
>
> So basically I'm asking if Oz would think either of these is viable.
>
> If there's no cover and they can't get up quickly, Oz might have to
> start offering amnesties sooner rather than later.

Up to Oz to assess. Good luck!

mightymartianca at gmail.com