[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Vesper, Louissa and Ted????] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 20:42:13 UTC 2013

OOC: I know I'm jumping the gun again, but I may not be able to post
until Wednesday or Thursday of next week (I'll try sooner if I can),
so I thought I'd keep this action going.

>>> [Ted]
>>> Ted slides behind the rail gun and lets loose a spray of fire just
>>> over the crowd's heads. [Strike: Natural 20, what a waste!!!!]
>>> [/Ted]

>> [GM]
>> The crowd ducks for cover as flechettes fly overhead. Some give up the
>> ghost and run for cover. The rest continue throwing rocks.
>>
>> There are still two men on top of the ATV, one has an energy rifle
>> that he seems to be aiming to fire at the rail gun; The other is
>> crawling down the front wind shield to block Louissa's view. Another
>> couple of people are hanging on to the front bumper.
>> [/GM]

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa shouts "Can someone tell me how to get out of here without
>> hurting anyone?"
>> [/Louissa]

> [Vesper]
> "My magic won't work on them from within this vehicle." He moved to
> Louissa, "Go that direction and look for a small pile of stones."
>
> "It's our best way out."
> [/Vesper]

[Louissa]
Louissa nods, and steers towards the spot Vesper has pointed out. She
increases her speed to about 20mph.
[/Louissa]

> [Ted]
> Ted swivels the rain gun to around, hoping to knock either or both of
> the men off the vehicle. [Strike: 8]

One of the men is knocked off [Dodge: 1, Natural Fail]. The other
easily ducks [Dodge: 16], and aims his energy rifle to try to take out
the railgun.

> If that does not work, he will aim directly at the man with the energy
> rifle's head and, telepathically, order him to get off.

The man's concentration seems to break and his eyes widen suddenly
[Save vs Psionic Attack: 3]. Somewhat robotically he stands up and
jumps off the ATV. Now all that is left are the men hanging on to the
front of the ATV.
[/GM]

[Louissa]
Louissa decides to try to shake them off. She speeds up to about 30mph
and begs steering back and forth. She manages to knock everyone around
inside the ATV. She also manages to hit a bit of a rise in the land at
the wrong angle [Pilot - Auto: 96%] and suddenly the ATV starts
leaning too much to the driver's side. She tries to right the ATV
[Pilot - Auto: 76%] but fails and the ATV tips over on to its side
with a loud scraping.
[/Louissa]

[GM]
Everyone falls from their seats on top of Louissa and Alex [OOC: who
was the last in the vehicle]. Outside they can hear the angry mob
approaching, screaming bloody murder as they come. They are surrounded
in dust, but they can't be more than about thirty feet from the wall
of mist and the pile of stones that Vesper had pointed out.

mightymartianca at gmail.com