[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 20:17:16 UTC 2013

>> [Scout]
>> One of the other scouts trailing the enemy radios in. "They're within
>> a couple of minutes of you, Sir. Some of 'em look heavily armed, and
>> at least one is a cyborg."
>> [/Scout]

> [Oz]
> Oz pointed up the rockslide. "Sarge and riflemen up on the cliff. Take
> cover and open up on my signal. Grenade launchers and cannons find
> cover down here on the far side of the rockslide. If we get into it,
> grenades stay under cover, use indirect fire to drop on the bad guys
> and cannons bring the cliff down on their heads. Scouts let me know if
> they do anything funny. Engage from cover if this goes south."
>
> "Let's go. We don't have much time, so move." Oz looked for cover on
> the ravine floor himself. As soon as he was concealed he started
> scanning with his rifle scope the spot where the enemy was going to
> emerge.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"You heard Sir Osmar!" the sergeant shouts. "About it now!"

The men jump into action. The Sergeant and the lighter equipped men
start scrambling up the landslide, while the heavy weapons men,
realizing there was no time for a gentle descent, simply shimmy
themselves into position and slide down the gully side until they
reach the trees.

Oz and the heavy weapons men are the first into position, and find
good cover behind some stout trees that still afford a good view of
the top of the gully. Unfortunately, some of the riflemen are having
trouble, as the shale slides under their feet and in some cases cause
small slides that trip of those behind them. They are still about
fifteen feet from the top when the scouts alert the Oz that the enemy
company has reached the edge of the ravine.

At first it is somewhat surreal, as the enemy does not seem aware that
several men are climbing up the land slide. Their commander is a very
battered but still ominous looking full conversion borg. The Borg
seems more intent on something in front of him than on what's going on
below. He seems ready to step back from the edge of the ravine when
all of a sudden another member of the enemy company shouts out
"Soldiers!"

And then all hell breaks loose. At least ten men begin opening fire on
the riflemen, the riflemen return fire, and Oz's man with the grenade
begins lobbing them overhead, taking out a couple of the enemy
company. The scouts do their best to find cover and engage the enemy
from either side, but in short order one of the scouts is wounded and
the other dead.

A lull in the fire reveals the Borg is nowhere to be seen...

mightymartianca at gmail.com