[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Peter Perkins riftsgm at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 20:56:52 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com>
To: The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM <taocowpbem at zork.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

OOC: Sorry about the delay on this post. I was in the middle of
writing it and got a bunch of work dumped on my desk. Life can be fun.

>> [GM]
>> Alex's dagger replies in her mind /An ancient evil. I hunger for its
>> potent soul, though it may be too strong./
>>
>> As Alex's dagger communicates with her, Vesper's spear races to the
>> little girl. A combination of Vesper's lack of skill and the less than
>> perfect spear itself means he goes wide of the mark. Vesper's familiar
>> then takes over, using its telekinetic power to seize the spear and
>> jam it into the creature [Strike: 11].
>>
>> The girl leaps out of the way of the spear [Dodge: 15], raises her
>> hand and cries something in something that sounds like
>> "Kzzzkrakpulkurzak!" and a net of glowing fibers appears [Strike: 16],
>> which Vesper easily dodges [Dodge: 21].
>>
>> In the distance they hear a laser weapon fire, and the man near the
>> stables' gun is blown away. Moments later he falls to the ground.

> Alex asks on the radio, "Vesper, can you keep it busy while I try for a
> dagger strike?"

> "Yep." on the radio.
> [/Vesper]

OOC: This looks kinda like combat! To move things along I'm going to
play out Alex's maneuvers to allow for Vesper's multiple attacks.

[Initiative]
Vesper's Familiar - 23
Girl/Monster - 22
Alex - 18
Vesper - 14
[/Initiative]

OOC: Round #1

> [Vesper]
> He had his familiar keep the thing focused on the spear while he tried to
> distract the creature.

Vesper's familiar uses telekinesis to pull the spear out of the ground
and strike at the girl [Strike: 5], missing the girl, but at least
serving the task of keeping her occupied.
[/GM]

[Girl/Monster]
The girl raises her hand and the spear suddenly flies into the air and
lands about twenty feet away.
[/Girl/Monster]

> [Alex]
> She will try getting close to make a solid dagger strike on the creature
> / girl.
> [/Alex]

OOC: First move is Alex positioning to attack.

> [Vesper]
> First a carpet of adhesion below it to keep it in place.
> [/Vesper]

OOC: Round #2

[GM]
Vesper's familiar again grabs the spear, though it is far away.
[/GM]

[Girl/Monster]
The girl tries to move, and realizes she has just been trapped in a
carpet of adhesion. She screams a thin childish scream, cries
"Kvak'rakel!" and a fire bolt issues forth from her hands at Vesper
[Strike: 17].
[/Girl/Monster]

[GM]
Vesper just narrowly dodges the firebolt [Dodge: 18].

> An energy field to prevent direct attacks on himself he threw up.
>
> "Yes we are the ones with Ted, Why are you doing all of this?"  He gestured
> at the carnage.
>
> "Shouldn't you be helping cure Ted ?"  The telekineticly wielded spear he
> had his familiar work in flanking the thing with Alex.
> [/Vesper]

[Girl/Monster]
In a girlish voice matching its child's form, it replies, "It is to
free him that I killed these things. I owe my allegiance to Ted, not
to you, or to these other distractions. He and that woman are fleeing
as we speak, fleeing from you it seems."
[/Girl/Monster]

[Alex]
With the creature distracted, Alex moves in to strike [Strike: 20 not natural].
[/Alex]

[Vesper's Familiar]
At the same time Vesper's familiar uses its TK to shove the spear into
the girl's side [Strike: 10].
[/Vesper's Familiar]

[Girl/Monster]
The girl is unable to dodge either, and tries to fling out her arms to
stop the spear from striking [Parry: 13], knocking the spear away.
[/Girl/Monster]

[GM]
Alex is able to drive the dagger into the girl's chest, and the dagger
does the rest [Damage: 20MDC].
[/GM]

[Girl/Monster]
The girl screams, but the scream is transformed to a horrific inhuman
roar, and Alex finds herself hanging on to the dagger dangling from
the huge mottled yellowish multi-tenticular monstrosity, it's
tentacles furiously trying to knock her away, but the dagger, welded
to her hand, digging deeper into it.

The creature moans "If you kill me, Ted will die!" Then it yells in a
voice that sounds like a hundred different voices merged in an unholy
cacophony. "Ted! Save me, Ted! I am dying, and if I die you will die!"
[/Monster]

[Vesper]
"We will not suffer you to kill more people. There is always another way.
Whatever dark pact you made with Ted did not come at the lives of these people
that is your doing."

"What does killing them have anything to do with Ted."

Vesper watched for what the locals were doing.

He also wanted to keep Alex safe and so would continue his attacks in her defense.
He uttered words of magic to call lightning down on the demon.

[/Vesper]

I am mostly wanting my actions to support Alex and take advantage if the creature keeps
attacking. Do I know anything of pacts a creature like this could have made with Ted ?

mightymartianca at gmail.com