[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:40:13 UTC 2013

>> [GM]
>> The men look at the captives. "Dunno," says one soldier, "that fellow
>> there, he looks like Ol' Tom Wyndhome's boy. Joined a rough crowd a
>> few years back, last I heard he'd escaped a prison detail up north.
>> Wouldn't surprise me at all if he had joined up with the Hood's gang."
>>
>> The prisoner looks up at Oz and the soldier at the mention of "Tom
>> Wyndhome", but says nothing.
>>
>> No one recognizes the other prisoners.
>>
>> The lieutenant returns to report to Oz. "Sir, your companion is being
>> airlifted as we speak. Sir Prrcyvel says an entire company is coming
>> to ferret out the rest of the bandits, before they head up north to
>> take on the Splugorth. Says he'd like you to question the prisoners to
>> find out where the Hood's hideout is."
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Osmar nods at the lieutenant and gestures in the direction of the
> battle site around the fallen Justin. "While I do that, have someone
> gather up the bandits' gear at the firefight and stow it in the ATVs.
> We might be able to figure out where they've been getting their
> supplies from if we can give it a good look back at home."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
A number of the men get into the ATVs and drive off towards where the
battle had been fought.
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> He looks at the man who indicated some familiarity with one of the
> prisoners. "You're with me for the questioning." He also points at
> 'his' two Guardsmen. "You're with me, too. Watch our backs."
>
> "The rest of you form a perimeter and put a spotter up somewhere. I
> don't want anyone getting within a quarter mile without us knowing
> about it."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The rest of the guardsmen set about their orders quickly and efficiently.
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> The German Knight Commander cracks his seals and pulled off his
> helmet, breathing in the forest air for the first time. Oz looks
> around for a suitable spot, finally settling on a sawed off tree trunk
> far enough away from the cabin that the prisoners inside couldn't hear
> what was being said. After a moment, he gestures at the Guard who'd
> pointed out "Ol' Tom Wyndhome's boy" and at the prisoner he'd
> indicated. "Bring that man over here so we can have a little chat."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
Two of the guardsman lift a man up. He might be young, but a hard life
shows. Though he can't be much more than thirty, there are already
flecks of grey in his hair and lines on his face. He has a few scars
visible

"I won't answer no questions." the man says defiantly. "We's all
brothers 'ere, an' we've sworn to take our secrets to our graves. So
send us to your fine City jail, or blow our 'eads off, but I won't
prattle on with the likes o' you!"

One of the guardsmen raises his energy rifle, looking ready to hit the
prisoner in the head with the butt of it.

mightymartianca at gmail.com