[Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Peter Perkins riftsgm at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 21:05:05 UTC 2013

________________________________
 From: Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com>
To: The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM <taocowpbem at zork.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] [Alex and Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

>> [GM]
>> As Vesper and his familiars prepare to attack again, all of a sudden,
>> around a bright red tent appears an ATV [OOC: see attached image, but
>> ATV is painted in camouflage]. A rail gun is mounted to the top and
>> someone in New Camelot City guard gear is at the rail gun.
>> [/GM]

[Initiative]
Vesper's Familiar - 23
Girl/Monster - 22
Alex - 18
Vesper - 14
Driver - 13
Rail Gun Operator - 7
[/Initiative]

[Vesper's Familiar]
Vesper's familiar goes in search of the spear [OOC: will take a round].
[/Vesper's Familiar]

[Monster]
The monster continues trying to escape Alex, but is too weak to lift
itself, and continues to drag her underneath.
[/Monster]

> [Alex]
> The Ranger continues to stab at the creature with her dagger
> [Damage: 27MD].
>
> Over her radio, she transits, "I am alright, just pinned by this thing."

That familiar vibration is being felt in the dagger. Alex is feeling
that exhilarating vitality entering her body. The monster's resistance
to the dagger's most terrifying power is beginning to wane.

> Angrily, "Idiots." Vesper quickly creates an energy field behind the vehicle
> so it cannot back up.
>
> He runs behind the field to aid Alex and has his familiar find the spear for
> use again.

The vehicle does not attempt to back up, but keeps moving forward.
[/GM]

[Vesper's Familiar]
Vesper's familiar, now again in possession of the spear, plunges it
back into the creature [Strike: 5].
[/Vesper's Familiar]

[Monster]
The monster attempts to parry the poorly aimed spear strike with a
tentacle [Parry: 11], again knocking the spear back. At the same time,
the monster disappears, and in its place, lying on the ground,
bruised, beaten and bleeding profusely, is the little girl.
[/Monster]

[GM]
Alex finds herself laying a few feet from the girl, the dagger in her
hand, dripping with yellowish ichor.

Vesper finds himself standing next to where the monster was with
timber in hand, but instead looking on the little girl.

The villagers are stunned back into silence, the return to the girl
form having them confused. On some faces there's a passing sympathy,
as if they have momentarily forgotten that this "girl" has slaughtered
dozens of them.

The ATV still keeps pulling forward, the gunner keeping a close eye on things.

The little girl does not move. It's not even clear she's alive.
[/GM]

OOC: Unless you want to continue striking at the creature, I'll
consider this combat done.

[Vesper]
Vesper reaches down to help Alex up. "Are you alright, she didnt break any bones when she fell on you did you ?"

"We need some cold iron chains to bind this thing."
Vesper has his familiar bring the spear over to him with telekinesis.
[/Vesper]

mightymartianca at gmail.com