[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XII - Journey to the Millennium Tree

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 02:16:02 UTC 2013

OOC: I just want to apologize for my extreme tardiness. It's been a
crazy few weeks. At any rate, onward and upward.

>> [GM]
>> The sergeant shouts "You heard the Commander. Let's be about this
>> quick, lads!" The sergeant turns to Oz. "Sir, the Borg is right,
>> we don't have a lot of time. If Mr. Vesper can't get those people
>> off the hill, we'll have to abandon them."
>>
>> Meanwhile, through the hale of gunfire, both the air elemental and
>> Mr. Slithers are working at extracting Alex and the remaining
>> scout. The air elemental appears right over top of Alex, and she
>> feels herself lifting off the ground. She is suddenly moving quite
>> quickly through a hale of bullets. The elemental can offer no
>> protection, and one of the Kydian's shots hits Alex [Damage: 8
>> MDC].
>>
>> Meanwhile, Mr. Slithers is using Telekinesis to extract the
>> remaining pointman. The man has been hit, and his armor is heavily
>> damaged, but he looks to be alright.
>>
>> Finally all the company is back together again, except for the
>> group of scouts that went with Miles and Thodin. As the Borg
>> predicted, the Kydians have dug in, anMd start launching mortars.
>> One hits just a foot or so from the Borg's ATV, nearly causing it
>> to flip over.

> Vesper opens the door to the APC and ushers everyone in collecting Mr
> Slithers and smiling at seeing Alex again. He helps carry the wounded
> scout inside as well.  "I am so ready to get out of here now." To the
> elemental he thanks it and has it as one last act create fog along
> the hill top to cover their getaway before sending the elemental back
> home knowing they do not like to be bound long. "I am glad your ok."
> He said to Alex.

When they get into the ATV, the company sees the girl moan and move
slightly. There is a faint aura around her, and a sharp, ozone-like
smell coming from her.

At the top of the hill, it looks as if the Kydians are setting up their
mortar emplacement. A few start firing on the convoy, and one of the
shots hits the ATV while several others strike the troop transport.

The convoy pushes through the drifts of snow and over the rough ground
underneath. Soon, everyone is out of range of the Splugorth minions'
fire. However, Oz's men report siting scouts trailing them, so wherever
they plan on going, the Splugorth army will certainly know of their
whereabouts.

And then the lake comes into view. It is fed by a wide river, winding
through the snow-covered landscape lake a black snake. The lake itself
lies between the shoulders of two ridges; the one the caravan is driving
on the shoulders of, and another. Between them is a narrow gap which is
bridged by an old dam. The dam stands perhaps one hundred feet high, and
is about six or seven hundred feet wide. Beneath the dam is the valley
of the millennium tree.

The tree itself is visible from their vantage, surrounded by the
Splugorth army. The tree stands on a hill, but most of the defenders and
the Splugorth army are at the feet of the hill.

The dam is being guarded by what looks to be a contingent of Splugorth
Minions, perhaps twenty; mainly Kydians but with a few Kittani on
hoverbikes. They appear to be guarding the dam. There's no sign of the
newcomers; Miles and Thodin, and the scouts that went with them
[/GM]

[Jacek the Borg]
Jacek the Borg stops his ATV and gets out. "So, my good friends, what is
the plan here?"
[/Jacek the Borg]

[GM]
As Jacek is talking, the girl suddenly cries out, her voice half that of
a little girl, and half like something out of the underworld.
[/GM]

[Jacek]
"What is that?" Jacek says, starting to walk towards the company's ATV.
[/Jacek]

mightymartianca at gmail.com