[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XII - Journey to the Millennium Tree

Peter Perkins riftsgm at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 11 22:00:05 UTC 2013


[Vesper]
Vesper hears the weapons fire and moves off to see what is happening.  Before he can get there the skycycles are gone.
He tries to pull as much ppe as he can from the nearby leylines and nexus.
[/Vesper]




________________________________
 From: Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com>
To: The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM <taocowpbem at zork.net> 
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XII - Journey to the Millennium Tree
 

>> [Girl/Monster]
>> The girl's eyes flutter open, and despite their apparent child-like
>> appearance, Alex can sense extreme malice. Still, there is a semi-glazed
>> look to them, the massive dose of sedatives the medic gave to her before
>> she killed him are at least having a temporary effect.
>>
>> Very slowly, the monster in a girl's body nods, but in no other way
>> moves or attempts an attack on Alex.
>> [/Girl/Monster]

>>> [Ted]
>>> The lizardman readied his rifle and took aim at the approaching
>>> skycycles. Once within range and sure he would not miss, he fired.
>>> [/Ted]

>> [GM]
>> Ted can't see the skycycles yet, though he is pretty sure he can hear
>> them. It sounds like they've split up, one is coming from the north and
>> one from the south. They may not have spotted you yet, but how long can
>> it be before two skycycles spot an APC, two ATVs and a number of armored
>> people standing beside them?
>> [/GM]

>> [Jacek the Borg]
>> Jacek, seeing Ted prepare, turns to his own men. "Get into positions, men."
>>
>> Jacek then turns to Oz. "Well, Knight Commander, what's your plan now?
>> By what I can hear, I figure we have no more than sixty seconds before
>> we're spotted."
>> [/Jacek the Borg]

> [Oz]
> "My men, scatter, get under cover from overhead surveillance. Scouts,
> get under cover and don't engage. We need your eyes more than we need
> another couple of energy rifles. Heavy team, let the scout deal with
> the girl." He glances at Jacek and nods his head at the APC. "We're
> killing that thing the next time we get the chance."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
Jacek nods in agreement.
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz looked around and dashed for the nearest place he could find that
> would afford him some concealment from a fly-by. The nearest place
> that wasn't an APC or ATV, that was.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
About the best cover available are some snow drifts. This is basically
a grass covered hillside, and very few trees and no large rocks in
sight (although who knows what lies beneath the snow).
[/GM]

> [Alex]
> Alex radios, "I think I have her under control but got to watch her close."
> [/Alex]

[OOC]
Far too many PCs and NPCs for reasonable combat, so I'm just going to
start this and let you players post any further moves you might want.
Thus far only stated move is Ted's, so we'll start with that. I did
roll initiative, but it seems like it will bog things down, so we'll
take a more lax approach here.
[/OOC]


[GM]
The first skycycle appears over the top of a snow drift. Ted takes aim
and fires [Strike: 21]. The well-aimed shot strikes the pilot itself
[Damage: 14MD], damaging the its armor and forcing it to veer of
course rather than engage.

Shots ring out from the rest of the company, but all the heavy weapons
men miss. Jacek, with his railgun strikes the Skycycle itself [Damage:
20MD].

Then the next Skycycle appears, and this one doesn't make the same
mistake the first one did, and comes over a drift all guns blazing,
hitting two of Jacek's men and one of Oz's [Damage: 22MD] before
return fire from one of the heavy weapons strikes a hoverjet, doing
some damage and forcing the pilot to retreat. The two skycycle pilots
fly very low and disappear over nearby snowdrifts.

Meanwhile, Alex is facing down the girl/thing, whose eyes are open,
but says nothing.
[/GM]

[Louissa]
"What's your idea, Alex?" Louissa asks.
[/Louissa]

[GM]
One of the scouts radios, "We're falling back. The skycycle pilots
have retreated but it looks like the rest of the minions on the dam
are heading this way."
[/GM]

--
Aaron Clausen
mightymartianca at gmail.com
_______________________________________________
Taocowpbem mailing list
Taocowpbem at zork.net
http://zork.net/mailman/listinfo/taocowpbem
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://zork.net/pipermail/taocowpbem/attachments/20130711/d18806d9/attachment.html>


More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list