[Taocow PBEM] [Vesper] Book 3 - Chapter XII - Journey to the Millennium Tree

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 19:34:40 UTC 2013

>> The binoculars show what looks like a small golden pyramid, perhaps
>> twenty feet high. At the very top there is some sort of small black
>> object floating, and only a faintly visible line of black energy
>> leading to the rift.
>>
>> The pyramid itself is heavily guarded, surrounded by at least thirty
>> well-armed Kydian Powerlords.

> "That I think is the focal point gentleman the thing keeping that rift open
> and I think perhaps
> at least partially responsible for keeping the tree from fully defending
> itself. If we could hit that hard.
> Not us but a concerted effort I may be able to close the rift.  The rift
> itself isn't originating in Atlantis.
> We need to report all of this."

One of the scouts nods, pulls out a camera and starts taking pictures.
He then raises command. "We've got an open rift here that may be doing
something to the Tree. Sending pictures. Awaiting further orders."
[/GM[

> [Vesper]
> He inspects the pyramid and darkness trying to get a more knowledgable feel
> for what exactly it could be.

The pyramid is clearly channeling both energy from the nexus and from
whatever lies beyond the rift. The lack of response from the tree
makes it seem likely that the pyramid is somehow suppressing the
tree's powers or its command of the ley line. Any further
investigation is going to be very hard from this far away.

mightymartianca at gmail.com