[Taocow PBEM] [Oz, Alex and Ted] Book 3 - Chapter XII - Journey to the Millennium Tree

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 20:16:16 UTC 2013

>> [GM]
>> The rest of the men, almost by instinct, start doing weapons checks
>> and checking out their heavy energy weapons. Clearly they think they
>> may be ordered to go to battle.
>>
>> While Ted meditates, Oz and Alex are largely left to their own devices.
>>
>> It's then that they hear a low moaning sound coming from the ATV that
>> the girl/creature is being held in. For the moment, the Borg seems
>> busy talking to his own men, and does not appear to have heard the
>> moaning sounds.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> While he was distracted by the possibility of a demon waking up and
> ripping him limb from limb, Oz was with it enough to register Alex's
> message. He got on the radio to reply. "We are not engaging, remember?
> Do not engage the enemy. Get an estimate of numbers and strength and
> return to the unit. Avoid contact. Do not engage."
>
> He immediately got on the guard channel. "Where are my scouting reports?"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
One of his scouts finally reports in.

"We've got an open rift here that may be doing something to the Tree.
Sending pictures. Awaiting further orders."
[/GM]

OOC: Here's a partial repost to show what the pictures show:

>> [The shots are] overlooking a wide shallow valley.
>> Towering in front of them is the Millennium Tree, towering hundreds of
>> feet into the air. Just beyond it is the nexus, flaring with latent
>> energy.
>>
>> Surrounding the tree is a makeshift ring of stones, wood, old
>> vehicles, chunks of concrete and earth. Surrounding it is what looks
>> like an entire Splugorth division; Kydian Powerlords, Kittani, slaver
>> barges with their slavers and blind warrior women, tattooed men, the
>> freakish Metzlains and even a unit of Gargoyles.
>>
>> On the defender's side are some units of New Camelot infantry, local
>> folk, what look like a couple of Technowizards and several other mages
>> (probably ley line walkers). There are also several nymphs, sylphs, a
>> whole legion of faeries, giants, a red dragon as well as several
>> gryphons. Despite the Splugorth's impressive military power, the
>> inhabitants of the tree seem to be holding their own in a pitched
>> battle.

As Oz reviews the pictures, he hears more moans from the cab of the
ATV. And then his scout reports again. "Someone has engaged the enemy.
Repeat! Someone has engaged the enemy."

mightymartianca at gmail.com