[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XII - Journey to the Millennium Tree

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 20:05:00 UTC 2013

>>> [Vesper]
>>> Vesper tries and protect her from that artillery and other attacks by
>>> putting an energy field between her and the Splugorth's position
>>> [180MD protection near nexus].
>>> [/Vesper]

>> [GM]
>> Vesper raises that energy field in the nick of time as a high
>> explosive mortar round hits within thirty feet of Alex's position
>> [Damage: 60 MD from High Explosive Mortar rounds, courtesy of
>> Kitsune's website!].
>> [/GM]

>>> [Vesper]
>>> Activating his Naruni FF knowing he might need it as he retreats.
>>> [/Vesper]

>> [GM]
>> The scouts waste no time getting back down the hill, though one
>> remains hidden at the top to act as point man.
>>
>> They arrive at the bottom of the hill just in time to see the first
>> Kydians cresting the hill. There's a brief exchange of fire from the
>> New Camelot point man, and then the point man ceases firing; whether
>> hit or trying to escape can't be determined.

> "That was Alex." He said straining to look up towards the energy field where
> he last saw her. "I am not leaving her behind." He says to Oz, "I told her I
> would take her to a beach, she even said she would wear a bikini." He shakes
> his head angrily, "I am not going to be made a liar, that lovely coalition soldier
> deserves a day where she doesn't have to worry about the world coming down
> around her !"  Using the vehicle as cover and feeling the heavy pulse of the nexus
> he summoned up a lesser air elemental.

A vaporous light blue cloud with two shining eyes and a large,
toothless maw appears in front of Vesper.

> He described Alex to the elemental, "Fly up there and safely bring her down to me.
> Be quick and use your magic and self to shield her from harm. Remember she must
> be brought to me safely."

The elemental races towards Alex.

> Looking to Oz, "Don't think I have forgotten the point man, I don't want anyone left
> behind." He looked to his familiar Mr Slithers and told him to telekenetically carry
> that point man to safety. Casting Chameleon on his serpent familiar knowing it
> would go slowly intelligent enough to follow his orders better.

Mr. Slithers acknowledges by poking his tongue out... or at least
that's probably an acknowledgment.

> Then to the men who had scouted with him, "Give her cover fire gentlemen and give
> your companion cover fire too."

The scouts nod, and immediately start firing short bursts. The
Kydians, facing their first major opposition, duck for cover, and
start returning fire. The battle has now been joined.
[/GM]

[Louissa]
Louissa leaps into the ATV Ted is in, aims the rail gun and starts
firing bursts along the top of the hill.
[/Louissa]

[GM]
Jacek the Borg's men do the same in their ATV. Jacek himself starts
firing his own rail gun.
[/GM]

[Jacek]
"This can only buy us a little time." he says. "Those Power Lords have
the advantage of terrain. We need to go!"
[/Jacek]

> [Vesper]
> Almost forgetting after his moment of anxiety over Alex. He gets on the radio.
> "Alex sending the air to evac you, dont fight it. It's me Vesper."

> "Roger," Alex responds. She wonders what is being planned.
> Otherwise, she continues to stay under cover

> As it looks like the Kydian Powerlords are about to take the top of
> the hill, word comes from the other scouting party.
>
> "Knight Commander," one of the scouts reports, "we've reached what
> looks like an artificial lake. A large river flows into it, but it's
> dammed up at the head of the valley. The dwarf, Thodin, reports that
> he thinks without the dam, a good portion of the Millennium Tree
> valley would be under water. It looks to be relatively lightly
> guarded, perhaps twenty Kydians with a few Kittani on hoverbikes."
> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz pounded on the side of the APC. "Let's get out of here. Head for
> that lake!"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The sergeant shouts "You heard the Commander. Let's be about this
quick, lads!" The sergeant turns to Oz. "Sir, the Borg is right, we
don't have a lot of time. If Mr. Vesper can't get those people off the
hill, we'll have to abandon them."

Meanwhile, through the hale of gunfire, both the air elemental and Mr.
Slithers are working at extracting Alex and the remaining scout. The
air elemental appears right over top of Alex, and she feels herself
lifting off the ground. She is suddenly moving quite quickly through a
hale of bullets. The elemental can offer no protection, and one of the
Kydian's shots hits Alex [Damage: 8 MDC].

Meanwhile, Mr. Slithers is using Telekinesis to extract the remaining
pointman. The man has been hit, and his armor is heavily damaged, but
he looks to be alright.

Finally all the company is back together again, except for the group
of scouts that went with Miles and Thodin. As the Borg predicted, the
Kydians have dug in, and start launching mortars. One hits just a foot
or so from the Borg's ATV, nearly causing it to flip over.
[/GM]

OOC: Any last actions? If not, I'll be assuming that you all get in
the vehicles and head eastward towards the dammed lake as Oz has
instructed his men to do.

mightymartianca at gmail.com