[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Vesper, Louissa and Ted????] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 21:06:56 UTC 2013

>> [GM]
>> Jacek clearly is growing impatient. In Euro he tells Oz "I will not
>> wait any longer. Tend to the women if that's what you're good for, but
>> I'm taking my men to rescue our comrades."
>>
>> In American he shouts to his men, "Alright men, we're making for the
>> village. Quickly now!"
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz points at his appointed bodyguards. He'd appointed them, sure, and
> it probably wasn't strictly official, but they seemed happy enough to
> follow him. "You're with me." He looks at the sergeant. "Stay here.
> Secure this entry point. You're going to need to watch for enemy
> contact coming from the direction of the mist as well as down the
> riverbed. If we're not back by nightfall take the wounded to the
> closest base for medical assistance."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"Yessah!" the Sergeant shouts. "Alright men, you heard the order.
Let's be about it quick now!"

The men quickly begin staking out a security parameter and some go
back towards the landslide and in the direction the enemy had marched
from to act as scouts.
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> He nods at his three men and gestures at the borg. "We're following
> them. Keep your eyes open. Watch out for out-of-place looking little
> girls."
> [/Oz]

[GM]
The three guardsmen, who seemed to have grown accustomed to Oz
commanding them, move to follow Oz and Jacek into the mist.

Jacek is through first, and doesn't fade into the mist, but literally
disappears instantaneously. When Oz and his men follow, they
immediately find themselves engulfed in a thick fog with visibility of
only a few feet. They see Jacek lean over and pick what looks like a
relatively ordinary lantern. When Jacek turns it on, it doesn't cast a
light, so much as an anti-light that drives away the fog and creates a
much larger patch of clear air.

"Follow close." Jacek says. "This lantern's only good for ten feet or
so, and get twenty feet from that and you'll still be wandering around
this place when your grandchildren are in their death beds."

Oz notices that a number of Jacek's men also have lanterns, putting
them at a distinct advantage over him and his guards. Looking to the
ground he sees one remaining lantern.

Off in the distance, though the direction is impossible to tell, they
swear they can hear railgun fire, and that's when one of Jacek's men
suddenly makes a funny sound like "GWAAHHHFFFF" as the top of his head
explodes, spewing blood and brains all over the place.

mightymartianca at gmail.com