[Taocow PBEM] [Oz] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa

Karl Prosek karl.prosek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:47:37 UTC 2013

[GM]
> Jacek turns to Oz and speaks in Euro. "As I suspected. There is
> fighting in the mists. Things do not travel in straight lines in this
> anomaly. The bullets might have been fired a mile away and in the
> opposite direction. Once any weapon's fire passes the limit of the
> lanterns, its course cannot be predicted, so it is very wise not to
> fire weapons."
[/GM]

[Oz]
The German responds in Euro as he stands up. "Good to know. Thank
you." Being polite never hurt. Except in places where the residents
had all the social graces of hungry dogs. And even then being polite
could give one the element of surprise when those predators discovered
the polite man happened to be a polite man with a vibroknife concealed
in his sleeve.
[/Oz]

[GM]
> Jacek does not wait for Oz, but stands up and orders his men to move.
>
> It's at that moment that there's the loud sound of an engine, and
> quite suddenly an ATV nearly runs Oz over before screeching to a halt.
[/GM]

[Oz]
Oz jumps out of the way, training his laser rifle on the ATV. "These
with you, Jacek?" He broadcasts over the loudspeakers in his helmet,
speaking American- British, here in these islands- for all to hear.
[/Oz]