[Taocow PBEM] [Alex, Vesper, Louissa and Ted????] Book 3 - Chapter X - The Quest For Louissa - correction

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 20:24:58 UTC 2013

OOC: One minor correction, the taller man is not wearing  Juicer
armor, but it looks like mishmash of armor, over which he's wearing a
weather-stained drab green cloak and hood. Correction below in the
text.

>> [GM]
>> While Louissa and Ted remain nervously inside the ATV, Vesper, with
>> Alex behind him, make their way to the tower. As they get closer, they
>> can see that it looks to have suffered considerable damage at some
>> point in the past, and that less capable individuals have attempted to
>> repair it with some duller, though still black substance. The steps up
>> are narrow [OOC: perhaps 18 inches wide] and many are cracked or
>> missing. Even worse, the heavy mists have left a slick layer of water
>> on each step, and the steps themselves are as smooth as glass. Ascent
>> will be difficult and treacherous, descent even worse.
>>
>> The closer the two adventurers get to the tower, the more they sense
>> something like a sub-sonic vibration. The ground under their feet
>> seems to be humming.
>>
>> Ted and Louissa are watching, trying to be ready if and when something happens.
>>
>> Finally Vesper is at the steps. The platform is far overhead, and
>> other than flying, their seems no obvious way up other than the steps.
>>
>> In the distance can still be heard shouting.

> Calls up "You need to descend the stair but be careful they are slick
> and some are missing. Our vehicle is waiting you need to get down to
> us."

> First to everybody, Alex states, "Everybody keep it slow."
> Then to herself she states, "Keep it slow girl, keep it slow." She will
> keep the rifle slung so that she does not have to carry but is ready to
> respond if something goes wrong.

Someone up above shouts "Hostile heading to the stairway, Hostile heading
to the stairway!"

Alex senses danger, Vesper sees, for the briefest possible moment, a
large black vaguely humanoid thing run down the stair and past him at
impossible speeds. Louissa sees nothing.
[/GM]

[Louissa]
Louissa shouts out "Well, whatever it was, we don't see it."
[/Louissa]

[GM]
A minute or so later they see the two strangers come down the stairs.
One is, as Louissa guessed, a dwarf. His armor is of unfamiliar make,
but looks of the highest quality. His long black beard hangs to his
knees. The other is a man dressed in what looks to be a mish-mash
of different types of armor all welded together, over top which he wears
a drab green hood and cloak.. Both are oddly enough quite yet and
both look very exhausted.

And then, as if enough things weren't happening at once, there is the
roar of an engine, and suddenly the other ATV that they had just been
shooting at reappears from around the far side of the tower, this time
being piloted by what looks like full conversion borg and none other
than their companion, Osmar, who they had last seen at the stream an
hour or two ago. The back seat of the ATV looks to be packed with a
couple of ragtag bandit types like they saw in the village and some
New Camelot soldiers.

mightymartianca at gmail.com

mightymartianca at gmail.com