[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XI - All Together Again!

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 19:31:33 UTC 2013

[OOC]
Maybe I left things a little confused. In case any of you had
forgotten, Osmar is one of your companions and he is one of the people
in the other ATV. When you had initially entered the forest, Osmar
headed off in one direction with some New Camelot soldiers, while Alex
and Vesper had headed in the other. At any rate, we're all back
together again, with some new people (a man in mismatched armor and a
green hood and a dwarf in some rather odd and formidable looking
armor) coming down the tower.
[/OOC]

>> [GM]
>> Someone up above shouts "Hostile heading to the stairway, Hostile heading
>> to the stairway!"
>>
>> Alex senses danger, Vesper sees, for the briefest possible moment, a
>> large black vaguely humanoid thing run down the stair and past him at
>> impossible speeds. Louissa sees nothing.
>> [/GM]

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa shouts out "Well, whatever it was, we don't see it."
>> [/Louissa]

>> [GM]
>> A minute or so later they see the two strangers come down the stairs.
>> One is, as Louissa guessed, a dwarf. His armor is of unfamiliar make,
>> but looks of the highest quality. His long black beard hangs to his
>> knees. The other is a man dressed in what looks to be a mish-mash
>> of different types of armor all welded together, over top which he wears
>> a drab green hood and cloak.. Both are oddly enough quite yet and
>> both look very exhausted.
>>
>> And then, as if enough things weren't happening at once, there is the
>> roar of an engine, and suddenly the other ATV that they had just been
>> shooting at reappears from around the far side of the tower, this time
>> being piloted by what looks like full conversion borg and none other
>> than their companion, Osmar, who they had last seen at the stream an
>> hour or two ago. The back seat of the ATV looks to be packed with a
>> couple of ragtag bandit types like they saw in the village and some
>> New Camelot soldiers.
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz hops down out of the ATV and gestures at his trio of adjutants to
> follow his lead. He gets on the radio channel used by New Camelot
> military units. "This is Knight Commander Osmar Wolz. Soldier manning
> the rail gun on the ATV, identify yourself and point that bloody
> cannon up at the sky."
> [/Oz]

> [Ted]
> Ted turns the rail gun so it faces the driver seat of the oncoming ATV.

> "I am confused but what is new," the ranger states.
> "Who are you guys," shouts to the guys in the tower coming
> [/Alex]

> [Oz]
> He continues speaking over his the loudspeakers on his suit. "We can
> do this with much less shooting if you would come out with your hands
> up and identify yourselves." Oz gestures at the people in the ATV he'd
> arrived in. "These chaps think you're in league with some alien devil
> child who has killed people in their town, not the least of which are
> several children and their beloved leader. So you'll see how everyone
> is somewhat tense."
>
> "Hopefully we can straighten this out peaceably. I've already seen
> what happens to stray bullets in this mist; we're all liable to shoot
> ourselves in the backs of the head if this ends up a firefight. We're
> [...]

[GM]
Despite Oz's imploring for everyone to point their guns in the air, in
response to Ted pointing his railgun straight at the Borg, the railgun
in Oz's ATV is now pointed straight at Louissa.

> "Alex is that your friend?"  said about the uncoming atv.
>
> Vesper tries his radio, "Oz is that you ?"  He prepares just in case he
> needs to create cover for himself and the others.
> [/Vesper]

[Louissa]
"Alex, one of them is Oz alright." she says over the radio. "But those
others, they don't look so friendly.

Over the loudspeaker, Louissa says "Tell you what, on the count of
three, Ted and the guy in your ATV will both point the railguns into
the sky. Is that okay, Ted?" she asks.
[/Louissa]

[Stranger]
In the midst of all of this, strange man on the tower stairs takes a quick bow

" I am Miles Sebastian, entrained and magician extraordinaire! My
companion is Thodin the Stout and we are at your service. We came down
this stairwell chasing a shadow with evil intent but are so glad to
see you. Where might you be heading and would greatly appreciate any
assistance you might be able to lend us in our journey to the next
civilized town."

Mile makes an elaborate flourish with his hands and bows again.
[/Miles]

[Dwarf]
The Dwarf bows slightly, then turns to his companion and says "Friend
Miles, I think we may have just stepped out of a bee hive into a
hornet's nest."
[/Dwarf]

[Borg]
The Borg turns to Oz and says, rather loudly so all can here, "Clearly
some of these people know you, Knight. That being the case, why are
they aiming their gun at me. This does not some at all the kind of
reception I expect from the King's friends."
[/Borg]

mightymartianca at gmail.com