[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XIII - The Millennium Druids

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Thu Nov 7 17:50:41 UTC 2013

On 11/04/2013 15:49, Aaron Clausen wrote:
> [Louissa]
> Louissa is wiping tears from her eyes. "That does not change anything.
> We need that creature or Ted will die. These druids say maybe they can
> bind the thing, but we have to get this cold iron. I say we do it.
> What do the rest of you say? If we can keep the monster from hurting
> anyone else, will that be enough?"
> [/Louissa]
>
> [Jacek the Borg]
> Jacek's metallic face is inscrutable, his glowing cybernetic eyes
> betraying nothing. For a moment he says nothing.
>
> "I owe your friend Ted nothing." he says. "He unleashed this evil on
> my people, and my chieftain lies between life and death because of it.
> But I have now sworn myself and my people to New Camelot, and clearly
> my King has some trust in you. Sir Osmar has left this to me to
> decide, so this is my decision. If the thing can be contained and
> controlled, then I will not put off my peoples' rightful revenge until
> your quest to save Ted is completed. But the condition of my agreement
> is that this bound creature be surrendered to me upon the completion
> of the quest, and my people will agree to its fate, as Sir Osmar
> agreed to as part of our truce. Is that agreeable to you all?"
> [/Jacek the Borg]

[Alex]
She is skeptical of the whole idea she needs this creatures as is. As
well, given the choice between giving her life and allowing such a
creature to potentially escape, she would sacrifice her own life. Still,
it is hard to kill a companion by those means. She decides to ask one
final time however,
"Is there any way to cure this malady without the use of this creature?
I have almost never run into a case where there is only one single
option. There just seems too much potential for such a creature to escape."