[Taocow PBEM] [Ted, Louissa and Alex] Book 3 - Chapter XIII - The Millennium Druids

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 20:17:52 UTC 2013

>> [Louissa]
>> Louissa is wiping tears from her eyes. "That does not change anything.
>> We need that creature or Ted will die. These druids say maybe they can
>> bind the thing, but we have to get this cold iron. I say we do it.
>> What do the rest of you say? If we can keep the monster from hurting
>> anyone else, will that be enough?"
>> [/Louissa]
>>
>> [Jacek the Borg]
>> Jacek's metallic face is inscrutable, his glowing cybernetic eyes
>> betraying nothing. For a moment he says nothing.
>>
>> "I owe your friend Ted nothing." he says. "He unleashed this evil on
>> my people, and my chieftain lies between life and death because of it.
>> But I have now sworn myself and my people to New Camelot, and clearly
>> my King has some trust in you. Sir Osmar has left this to me to
>> decide, so this is my decision. If the thing can be contained and
>> controlled, then I will not put off my peoples' rightful revenge until
>> your quest to save Ted is completed. But the condition of my agreement
>> is that this bound creature be surrendered to me upon the completion
>> of the quest, and my people will agree to its fate, as Sir Osmar
>> agreed to as part of our truce. Is that agreeable to you all?"
>> [/Jacek the Borg]

> [Alex]
> She is skeptical of the whole idea she needs this creatures as is. As well,
> given the choice between giving her life and allowing such a creature to
> potentially escape, she would sacrifice her own life. Still, it is hard to
> kill a companion by those means. She decides to ask one final time however,
> "Is there any way to cure this malady without the use of this creature? I
> have almost never run into a case where there is only one single option.
> There just seems too much potential for such a creature to escape."

The chief druid shrugs. "Who can say? Of Ted Smythe's malady we can
say little. His illness is that of the tomb and the darkness, and a
creature such as this might know a considerable amount about it. If
you can get enough cold iron, we can, with some certainty, guarantee
it does no more injury. Whether it tells the truth or not is beyond
our powers."

mightymartianca at gmail.com