[Taocow PBEM] [Ted, Louissa and Alex] Book 3 - Chapter XIII - The Millennium Druids

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 20:25:13 UTC 2013

>>> [Jacek the Borg]
>>> Jacek's metallic face is inscrutable, his glowing cybernetic eyes
>>> betraying nothing. For a moment he says nothing.
>>>
>>> "I owe your friend Ted nothing." he says. "He unleashed this evil on
>>> my people, and my chieftain lies between life and death because of it.
>>> But I have now sworn myself and my people to New Camelot, and clearly
>>> my King has some trust in you. Sir Osmar has left this to me to
>>> decide, so this is my decision. If the thing can be contained and
>>> controlled, then I will not put off my peoples' rightful revenge until
>>> your quest to save Ted is completed. But the condition of my agreement
>>> is that this bound creature be surrendered to me upon the completion
>>> of the quest, and my people will agree to its fate, as Sir Osmar
>>> agreed to as part of our truce. Is that agreeable to you all?"
>>> [/Jacek the Borg]

>> [Alex]
>> She is skeptical of the whole idea she needs this creatures as is. As well,
>> given the choice between giving her life and allowing such a creature to
>> potentially escape, she would sacrifice her own life. Still, it is hard to
>> kill a companion by those means. She decides to ask one final time however,
>> "Is there any way to cure this malady without the use of this creature? I
>> have almost never run into a case where there is only one single option.
>> There just seems too much potential for such a creature to escape."
>> [/Alex]

>> [GM]
>> The chief druid shrugs. "Who can say? Of Ted Smythe's malady we can
>> say little. His illness is that of the tomb and the darkness, and a
>> creature such as this might know a considerable amount about it. If
>> you can get enough cold iron, we can, with some certainty, guarantee
>> it does no more injury. Whether it tells the truth or not is beyond
>> our powers."

> Ted agrees reluctantly to Jacek's conditions.
> [/Ted]

[Jacek the Borg]
Jacek shakes his head, though his metallic face and glowing red eyes
make guessing his thoughts impossible.
[/Jacek the Borg]

[GM]
The chief druid smiles woefully. "If this is your course, then we can
offer you some aid in getting there. A group of travelers, including a
number of Technowizards, were trapped here during the battle. They
make their way westward tomorrow, and have a ley line craft that could
take you. I am certain that, if we asked, they would gladly give you
passage."

mightymartianca at gmail.com