[Taocow PBEM] [Vesper, Oz and Miles] Book 3 - Chapter XIII - The Millennium Druids

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 19:49:04 UTC 2013

OOC: I just want to apologize again. I've been nailed by trying to
complete a major project at work AND having to go on a business trip
last week. I've tried half a dozen times to get a post out, but
haven't had the time or the brains to do it.

>> [GM]
>> The rather crowded transport makes its way across the mud-covered
>> plain back to the Tree. A good deal more cleanup has been done while
>> everyone was away. For Miles and Thodin, this is their first direct
>> view of the Tree. It rises thousands of feet into the air and sits
>> under a great ley line nexus throbbing with energy. There is still
>> evidence of the Splugorth attack, but the Tree regenerates with
>> incredible speed.
>>
>> They are directed to park the transport next to some tents. In the
>> tents is captured Splugorth equipment; some vehicles, weapons and body
>> armor. And there, as well, is Alex, Louissa, Ted, Jacek the Borg and
>> the mercenaries now under Oz.

> Vesper smiles, "Nice to see everyone again. We had a bit of an adventure
> and brought back an Atlantis native."
>
> He looks over to Alex making his way to her, "I am glad your ok."

> "Guess we are alive at least," the red haired scout responds. Her hair
> is a bit messy and does not look her usual professional soldier look.
>
> "Be nice if we could rest for at least a day or so before more disasters
> hit us," she continues. "Likely will not be however." She is however
> smiling with a teasing curve to her lips.
>
> "I think we better check through the gear before everything is gone,
> guess I am not real girly in my love of guns."
> [Alex]

> [Oz]
> Oz makes his first priority arranging a comfortable but secure place to
> keep Ithdalkal. Once she is taken care of, in a locked room with guards on
> her door, he goes to talk to his companions.
> [/Oz]

[GM]
Two druids, looking an impossible combination of pleasant and
suspicious, suggest that the Blind Warrior Women be taken to the same
place the "girl" creature is being held.

"She is your prisoner, of course." one of them says. "But there are
few places here to securely hold prisoners."

The Sergeant turns to Oz. "Sir, if I may, I'd like to question her as
soon as possible.

As the Sergeant speaks to Oz, it's the first time the rest of the
company notices the injured Blind Warrior Woman. Her kind is known by
almost all as the Splugorth Slavers' chief servants and warriors.
[/GM]

[OOC: Vesper and Alex's budding love affair moved to a sub-thread]

> [Alex]
> Alex gets an um kind of look, "Whenever I wore a dress it was made by my
> mother. Can tell you my uniform and boot size if that would help?"

> "That would be perfect." He smiled.
> Once she gave him the sizes he said, "I shall be right back."
> He will then sense for safe rifts leading away from the tree. Asking
> some of the people at the tree where any portals
> in it may lead.

"There are no portals as such here." one of the Druids replies. "There
is the nexus, which does flair into a rift fairly regularly."
[/GM]

[Jacek the Borg]
Not exactly the soul of tact, Jacek turns his inhuman cybernetic eyes
on Alex and Vesper.

"How does the odd American expression go?" he says in his metallic
Eastern European voice. "Ah yes, a room you two should get."
[/Jacek the Borg]

[Louissa]
Louissa is beaming. "It's so sweet!" she says. "I hope I'm Maid of Honor!"
[/Louissa]

[Thodin the Dwarf]
Thodin seems embarrassed by the whole display. He turns to Miles and
says "Are humans always this... er... open in their affections?"
[/Thodin the Dwarf]

[GM]
As the company discusses strategies, locations of dimensional portals
and other things, another Druid enters the tent.

"The feast of celebration and sadness is ready." the Druid says. "The
Council asks that, when you are ready, that I lead you to the feast."

mightymartianca at gmail.com