[Taocow PBEM] [Vesper, Oz and Miles] Book 3 - Chapter XIII - The Millennium Druids

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:37:39 UTC 2013

>>> [Oz]
>>> "Transport's on the way. We'll get her and that other stuff loaded up
>>> then back to shelter." Oz nods at the warrior woman. "Do you have a
>>> name, miss? It will make things less confusing if we have something we
>>> can call you. I'm Oz."
>>> [/Oz]

>> [GM]
>> "I was Ith-dal-kal." she replies. "I am... was... the second of Slaver Kal.
>> It is dead and I minion no more. What name would you call me?"
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz smiles at the woman, though he isn't sure she can see it. "If that
> name is alright with you, I think we can call you Ithdalkal. Unless
> you have some other name you'd prefer?"
> [/Oz]

>> [Vesper]
>> Vesper looks over the blind warrior woman seeing if she has any weapons or
>> communication devices.
>> [/Vesper]

>> [GM]
>> She has some sort of ear bud that connects to her armor.
>> [/GM]

>> [Vesper]
>> He also takes the time to inspect the barge and slaver. It's the first time
>> he had been able to get so close
>> without being a potential slave or target of such a thing.
>> Vesper then wrote in the snow to OZ - Be Wary she may be a plant -
>> [/Vesper]

>> [GM]
>> It has been heavily damaged and it looks as if whatever powers it is no
>> longer functional. As he searches the wreckage, Vesper sees a flashing
>> light near what seems to be control system of the barge.
>>
>> As Vesper is searching the wreckage the APC arrives. The sergeant hops out
>> with a young soldier in tow. Both look in wonder and fear at the Blind
>> Warrior Woman.
>>
>> "Keep your guns on her." the sergeant. He turns to Oz. "She's a bloody
>> danger sir. Last one of those we met, my sergeant ended up in pieces and I
>> ended up a sergeant. Permission to take arrest her as a prisoner of war."
>> [/GM]

> [Oz]
> "Too right, sergeant. I've already told her that we'll have to hold
> her for debriefing. We can consider her a prisoner of war. Remember,
> though, that she did surrender and I granted her quarter on my honor
> as a knight. We'll be gentle with her until she gives us reason not
> to. Understood?"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
"Aye sir!" the sergeant says, though his eyes betray a certain reluctance.
[/GM]

> OOC: GM, are there any radio signals transmitting from the barge or
> Ithdalkal?

OOC: Definitely from the barge, nothing detectable from Ithdalkal.

>> [Thodin the Dwarf]
>> The dwarf looks to Miles. "I confess, Friend Miles, to being quite tired,
>> and though no dwarf would love to be in a tree, I'd sleep on the top branch
>> right about now."
>> [/Thodin the Dwarf]

> [Vesper]
> "There is some flashing light down here on what's left of the barge.  It
> might be an explosive or some kind of warning beacon.  We need to
> move out now !"
>
> He looks to the woman, "What would the flashing light on the barge
> mean ? When a Slaver bargeis destroyed does it explode ?"
>
> Regardless he scrambles out of the hole.
> [/Vesper]

[Ithdalkal]
The Blind Warrior Woman shrugs. "I know not of flashing light, but
barges usually have self-destruct on them when Slaver dies."
[/Ithdalkal]

[GM]
The sergeant shouts "For the love of all that's good and holy! Now is
a helluva time to let us know. Everyone, you heard Master Vesper,
let's get out of here!"

They manage to put about thirty feet between themselves and the barge
before it is consumed in a huge explosion. Everyone is knocked off
their feet [Damage: 3 SDC] and when they recover their senses, where
the barge was is a medium-sized crater. Bits of metal and flaming bits
of Slaver are falling all around them.

The sergeant is livid. "Ma'am," he shouts and Ithdalkal, "you could
have bloody well warned of this right away, instead of a little chat
about your bloody freedom."
[/GM]

[Ithdalkal]
The Blind Warrior Woman looks ashamed, but says nothing.
[/Ithdalkal]

[GM]
The transport arrives a few minutes later, and some men hop out and
begin loading in all the gear they've managed to gather. The Sergeant
looks to Oz and Vesper. "Treat her gentle, to be sure, sirs. But I
don't like the idea of being in a vehicle with her untied. Permission
to bind her hands, at least."

mightymartianca at gmail.com