[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter XV - Wales OOC

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 18:21:54 UTC 2014

OOC: Haven't heard anything from Anne's player, but we'll assume she's
ready and able to offer cover. However, Anne seemed to make it clear
that she wouldn't actively try to kill Splugorth. Unfortunately, as
her player seems to have gone on a temporary hiatus, I'm in a bit of a
pickle.

> [...]
>> forty feet in the air, giving a commanding view of the area around it.
>> The platform itself is round; perhaps twenty feet in diameter, with
>> heavy energy weapon turrets, and a Kydian at each turret; able to see
>> north, east, south and west.
>>
>> A ladder leads to the ground, and an armored hover vehicle sits there.
>>
>> The ground itself has been cleared; the vegetation burned away in
>> about a hundred foot radius around the platform. It would be all but
>> impossible to sneak up on the platform without being seen.
>>
>> Beyond the platform and the burned clearing, the ground tends upwards
>> to a tall stand of bare trees; perhaps oaks. The trees are perhaps 130
>> feet beyond the platform Skarn points towards it, "The tunnel is right
>> below those trees."

> The red headed scout thinks to herself that this is something she has
> never seen in Coalition reports on the Splugorth forces.
>
> She looks careful at a course that they could travel that might keep
> them from being detected. "Vesper, waht can you do to help hide us?"

> "Chameleon spell would work but you would have to move very slowly
> or it will waver and possibly give you away. To bright out for Shadow
> Melding to work, though normal invisibility many creatures can see
> through Kydians too possibly so I would still go with Chameleon or a
> better idea is I might be able to mystic portal us right up to the tower
> or in it."
>
> Vesper judges distances to the tower.

> The team is about 150 feet from the tower. About fifty feet is
> brush covered hillside, then 100 feet of burned and cleared land.

> "Going to have to be your judgement," the scout returns. kind of
> surprises herself just how comfortable talkign to him is these days.
> "Going straight into the tower would have an element of surprise."

> "Ok I can get us all upto the tower, our heavy hitters should go first,
> and anyone who can disable them or their communications
> would be best. So plan how you want to go through and I will get us
> up there."
> [/Vesper]

> [Oz]
> "I can take out their communications. Let me raise the ship and
> have Anne snipe with that big gun of hers." Oz gets on the radio to
> appraise the ship of what they were planning and to ask Anne to get
> ready to snipe the Kydians.
> [/Oz]

> [Ted]
> Ted cranes his neck to get a good look at the space behind the tower.
> He suggests, "Why not go around it?"

> "I can fire a flash bang just a second before you guys go through the
> portal," the red headed scout suggests. "I can then start snipering them
> on at a time."

> "I think because we would need to take out the Kydians anyway or
> they will be back up to the ones inside or we will have to fight them on
> the way out. Still I will go with that option if it is the one you wish Oz ?"

"As well," Skarn adds, "we would be at least partially visible trying
to get into the tunnel. That is what we hope to about, having the
Splugorth figure out we are sneaking back inside."
[/GM]

> [Oz]
> Oz nods at Vesper. "Anne's on board and ready to back us up with that
> big gun of hers, too. If we're going to do this, let's do it fast.
> I'll concentrate on shutting down their comms; if it looks like
> somebody's trying to get away in that hovercraft I'll try to stop
> them." He looks at the others, including the dwarves. "Everybody
> ready?"
> [/Oz]

[GM]
In fact Anne does not seem Kern to directly fire on the Kydians. A
time of anger in his voice, the Sergeant days he has some weapons in
place, though it will mean raising the altitude of the ship to get
good line of sight.

> Vesper Nods and opens a mystic portal to the platform.
> "Time to head through."

And with that, the gate opens...
[/GM]

OOC: Continued in the next post