[Taocow PBEM] [Oz, Vesper, Alex and Anne] Book 3 - Chapter XIV - Belmont Abbey OOC

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 21:10:36 UTC 2014

>> [GM]
>> Keldon laughs, or at least that's what the gurgling sound coming from
>> his unseen mouth probably is. "I would have said you were from the New
>> German Republic, but Lone Star makes more sense. I will say, m'lady,
>> that you react better than some Coalition types have." He turns around
>> and reveals the stump of a tentacle. "This old wound is thanks to a
>> young Dead Head who took a, how shall I put it, more worried view of my
>> appearance."
>>
>> "Now, my good people." Keldon says, hopping off the counter and standing
>> on about half of his tentacles. "We carry all types of items and spells,
>> but my specialty is temporal magic; spells, enchantments and, if I do
>> say so myself, a couple of awfully clever Technowizard devices, thanks
>> to Twelp."
>>
>> "And," he says, giving Alex a somewhat disconcerting wink with three of
>> his eyes, "I carry a line of enchanted cosmetics that you might be
>> interested in. After all, m'lady," Keldon says knowingly, "you don't
>> seem quite so stunned of the mystic as one would expect from someone
>> from the Coalition."
>> [/GM]

OOC: Reordering a bit

> [Vesper]
> Hearing about the mystic cosmetics he gave Alex an interested look curious
> to see if she would want to try something that no Coalition Soldier he ever
> knew (Not that he knew many) would ever go for.

> Speaking up, the red headed scout states,  "I have to be honest, I am
> not sure that I have much money I can spend here. Coalition credits
> don't spend real well here. "
>
> She pauses for a few moments before continues, "Kind of curious though,
> what does enchanted cosmetics do?"

"It takes your considerable beauty and makes it legendary." Keldon
says. "It magnifies and enhances what is there, so that to those that
look upon you, even those who might find a female humanoid a less than
attractive affair, would view you as supremely beautiful."

"It is very popular with the ladies." he adds simply. "And I have
contacts in the New German Republic who can exchange Coalition credits
for NGR credits with a fifteen percent fee charged."

> "I could help you out Alex, don't worry if there is something I could buy for you
> I would love too."

> Nodding, Alex responds, "In the CS, my pay covered basic needs if I
> could not already just get them from the PX. Weapons and ammo were all
> covered."

> Presents the Splugorth staff one of the ones he has, "Would you be willing
> to accept something like this in trade ? As a master of dimensional magics
> myself I would be fascinated to learn some temporal magics to add to my
> repertoire."  He didn't really like the Splugorths weapons there was just
> something a bit unwholesome about them and the strange creatures floating
> in them.

Keldon's eye blinks, and for a moment the odd store owner says nothing.

"It is a device of supreme revulsion, to be sure." Keldon says. "But
aside from the horror of the thing, it is insanely valuable. I will be
perfectly honest with you. I do not have funds sufficient to pay for
it. I could give you perhaps three hundred thousand credits, perhaps
that again in other items. But I am an honest broker, and I will tell
you now that I would turn around sell this to the Archbishop for
twenty times that price. If I were brave enough to venture to New
Camelot or the New German Republic, I might be able to double that."

"Let me make a proposal, sir and madam." Keldon says. "I could
introduce you to the Archbishop, which is something the average fellow
with a Splugorth Staff of Eylor might have a problem not being
arrested on the spot. We can negotiate a sale and my fee will be ten
percent of the sale price, as a finder's and broker's fee. In the
meantime, I will open a line of credit with you and your lady for,
say, five hundred thousand credits?"

mightymartianca at gmail.com