[Taocow PBEM] [Oz, Vesper, Alex and Anne] Book 3 - Chapter XIV - Belmont Abbey OOC

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 21:22:00 UTC 2014

>> [GM]
>> Keldon thinks for a moment. "Very well." he says. "Ten percent. I
>> suppose one should not get too greedy. I cannot say if the Archbishop
>> will be interested, though I know his fondness for mystical trinkets
>> and weapons, and indeed, he is the only person for many a long mile
>> that could pay what you asked."
>>
>> Keldon turns to his squiddish sons. "Alright lads. I'm taking these
>> fine folks to see the Archbishop. Might as well lock the shop up."
>>
>> With that Keldon scurries to a coat rack, grabs a multi-sleaved
>> sweater and pops it and a wide-brimmed cap on. "You coming?" he asks
>> Alex and Vesper.

> For a moment Vesper ponders the strangeness of an octopus sentient
> being slipping on a sweater and hat but shakes it off. "Ah yes were
> coming."  Then to Alex, "I would like to see you in those cosmetics so
> indulge a little." He smiled to her.

> Alex cannot help but consider the idea that she is a Coalition soldier,
> well scout, yet is using magic weapons and now is about to try out
> enchanted cosmetics.
>
> "How much are the cosmetics?" she asks. Her tone is a very practical
> sound, like she is evaluating just how much something like that should
> be worth. One notes that while she is skilled at cosmetics, her ears are
> not pierced.

"I'll tell you what, m'lady." Keldon says. "If we get the price I'm
thinking we get, I'll give you a year's supply on the house."

> Decides to be a little less practical, grabbing Vesper for a quick kiss.
> "At least I think you like me with or without them." Her eyes sparkle
> with that.

> "I certainly do." He kisses her back deeply a light growl rising from his
> chest. He smiles at her as she looks at him with those sparkling eyes.

Keldon turns away from the shows of affection and opens the door for
the couple. "Follow me" he says. "Your timing is excellent. Evening
services have started so the Archbishop will be guaranteed to be
around. Mind yourself until full introductions are made. He can be a
bit haughty and proud."

With surprising speed, Keldon makes his way down the busy streets of
the town and to the Abbey itself, it's vast and ornate edifice
standing as one of the most remarkable sights either adventurer has
seen. The wealth shown here is extravagant [OOC: as already
described], and both Alex and Vesper are taken aback by it,
particularly in what looks in most other respects like a slightly
better than average frontier settlement.

Keldon leads them up the long steps and through the great doors to the
cathedral within. A stunning affair of statuary, stained glass and
great vaulting architecture. As they enter, they see Oz, Anne and
Ithdalkal talking with a monk of some kind. Ithdalkal waves to Alex
and Vesper.
[/GM]

OOC: I'm going to join the two threads; Oz's and Anne's to Alex and
Vesper's together.

mightymartianca at gmail.com